Options

Portable Sewer Tank

Where would you store, while travelling, a portable sewer tank of, say, 25 gallons capacity?
Ellen & Richard Lacroix | 2015 Jeep Cherokee Latitude V6 | T@B Max S 2017

Comments

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
     :o Holy Smokes!  Not only where are 'ya goin', but how many folks are goin' with 'ya??? :s
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    richardlacroixrichardlacroix Member Posts: 16
    South for the New England winter; my wife and me.
    Ellen & Richard Lacroix | 2015 Jeep Cherokee Latitude V6 | T@B Max S 2017
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Not tryin' to be a smart alec, but NO dump stations along the way, or accessible? 25 gallons is a LOT of "debris" to be totin' around!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Where would you store, while travelling, a portable sewer tank of, say, 25 gallons capacity?
    About the only available space you'd have would be just inside the trailer door (upright position and leaned against the bed), in one of the large contractor style plastic waste bags.  You'd obviously have to slide it under the trailer when you camped on the way down or needed to use the inside of the trailer.  With a smaller blue boy you'd be able to place it inside the shower area as I know Verna use to do that when she was using the smaller capacity blue boy.
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    edited August 2017
    I actually considered this and thought that would be one of the natural things you could use the T@b roof rack for, because they are under 25 lbs when empty. @ericnliz typically you won't carry it full, just fewer runs to the RV dump with your car when your in a campsite without full hookups. (Think Tabazona) Also, considered using a tailgate cargo net or something similar and hook it to the handles in the back or figure out a way to add tie downs to the back to connect it to. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005UGKC1Q/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I2X12F63SU8HPE&colid=733TGZDKC8DS

But once I put my truck box on that became a mute point for me, I can tie one down there and I found one that had never been used for $15 and now I'm ready for Tabazona.
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Outback platform or tow vehicle.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    jkjenn said:
    Outback platform or tow vehicle.
    The roof rack used on outback platform would work nicely to hold an empty portable sewer tank.
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    edited August 2017
    I carry an 8 gal tank it's much smaller and lighter when full. Dump every 3 to 5 days. Fits easily in shower in heavy plastic bag.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    jason330ijason330i Member Posts: 72
    Here is mine. I only use it for our gray tank. With our family of three, seems like I have to dump the gray daily. It goes in the roof cargo box of the tow vehicle.

2017 T@b 320 S

2017 Kia Sorento SXL AWD

• Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    Ours filled up with showers for 2 for 2 days and cleaning dishes.  Gonna try 2 5gal buckets with Gamma Seal lids.  Try emptying every morning.  In the learning stage with the 400 and new to us bath, etc,  Our 320 did not have all the new items.
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab