Options

With hope to be a T@ber

tonitoni Member Posts: 46
I have posted several questions recently and appreciate the helpful comments.
We think we have found the t@B for us.  We have an appointment to see it in a week.  It is located 3 1/2 hours from us. 
An older model that evidently has not been used and waiting for its owner to retire.  I guess that may not have worked out so well for them.  We are sure will be some things to check out and perhaps repair or replace due to just sitting.
But how exciting to have a new, old T@B.  We are very excited.

Comments

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    Hi Toni! How excitingfor you. Which model and year is it? 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    That IS exciting, we've all been there to one degree or another. @FishDoctor created a walk through list that is pretty detailed which I saved to iBooks. It contained things we never thought of and you could pick and choose the things you want to look at in case you missed his post.
    http://tab-rv.vanillaforums.com/discussion/5343/new-t-b-owners-illinois#latest
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    The owner says it is a 2010, but I think it is a 2009 since all the information I see is that the Dutchmen T@B trailers stopped production in 2009.  (They probably bought in in 2010). The model is a 320U (without bathroom).  The owner says it has been covered all this time on a slab in their yard. 
    Twojgrams, thanks, I did download that check list already.
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @toni you're ahead of the game! When do you get to go see the T@B? And you know how much we like photos here!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    Will keep photos in mind if we do get it.
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    @toni I don't want to pre-congratulate you ... or jinx it!! I'm still happy you've found such a treasure. If you've already downloaded The List, you are eons ahead of the game.

When taking it home, please be careful at the speed you are towing. There's a good chance the tires have some dry rot. You've probably already thought of that. I bought my first popup with original tires - it was stored in a garage and only 2 years old. I put a fair amount of miles on it and suddenly, the dry rot caught up with me. I was totally taken off-guard. I had no idea what dry rot was! Even the spare was affected, but it got me home after one tire gave up the ghost. Darn good camper. It deserved new tires after that!!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)