Options

Picking Up T@B Tomorrow in Sugarcreek

BgkirkBgkirk Member Posts: 66
edited November 2014 in Introductions
Hello Everyone, Longtime viewer and new member to the forum. Tomorrow we will be picking up our new T@B CS-S M@X from the factory. My wife and I have recently retired, so the cross country journey from Portland, Oregon was something we finally have time to do. We are looking forward to many more journeys in our new baby and maybe meeting some of you along the way. Hopefully some pictures tomorrow. Brian Kirk Portland Oregon
Brian Kirk - 2015 T@Bulous CS-S M@x - Portland Or

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Wonderful - A special day!
  • Options
    judymacjudymac Member Posts: 403
    Great! Welcome and you are much braver than us. Safe travels.
    Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32

• Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    Hi Brian - What part of Portland do you live in? My son, daughter-in-law and grandson live there so I get up there whenever I can. Have seen a few T@Bs in their neighborhood and also plan on spending some time there when I retire (in my soon-to-be acquired T@B)! Hope your journey back is a fun one! Michele
    Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    Congrats. Nothing like a new teardrop to hang out in. :)
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    RadRad Member Posts: 516
    edited November 2014

Mmmmm, I'm trying to remember  back to when I first brought mine home.  Gosh, it is still so fresh in my mind it feels like it was just  last week..............Oh ya, it was last week.8-}

Have fun with the experience.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited November 2014
    Have fun, be safe, and watch out for the East Coast weather this weekend.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    Oh, yeah, I remember that white-knuckle trip back from the dealer last year, December 7, 2013.  It was 9 degrees and a little snow where I live here in Denver, Colorado .  It all turned out okay.   :) :)Congratulations!!!  I had a great first year in my T@B, and I'm looking forward to more adventures next year.  Have fun.  Take it slow.  Welcome to the Forum.  =D>
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Update: Picked up the trailer on Tuesday. It was perfect. We have moved to warmer weather for our travel home. In Memphis now after a great Thanksgiving with friends in Indiana. I hope everyone's Thanksgiving was good. Attached a couple pictures. We replaced the front bench seat on the CS-S with a custom cabinet with sink and removed the sink out of the bath. I attached a couple picture below. Brian - Portland Or.
  • Options
    patrickbpatrickb Member Posts: 2
    Congratulations! Custom cabinet looks great...definitely something to consider.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Walloe, we had the same idea on the cabinet. We added the 110 plug also. We kept the fridge but have two large AGM batteries inside the new diamond plate box which is a little bigger than the plastic propane cover and has a very solid floor with the front platform under it.
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I guess I have been out of the loop on these upgrades as I was amazed to see the cool looking diamond plate storage area on the front.  Is this a "new option" on the T@B units?   I discussed this in the past with Scott Hubble at the factory and he said they were exploring diamond plate cowlings on the front with a company, so it appears they had some success.  I would be interested in seeing some photographs of the interior and construction of this box if you could post some up when time permits.  

Your trailer looks awesome!  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I can't see the photos :(

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    jkjenn said:
    I can't see the photos :(

I can't see them on my IPad, I can see them on my laptop
  • Options
    DougandMiaDougandMia Member Posts: 73
    Works on my iPad. Click on the little square twice, and it should show up.
      Mia   Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.  2015 T@B U, formerly 2012 LG 5-Wide Platform
  • Options
    Bgkirk said:
    Update: Picked up the trailer on Tuesday. It was perfect. We have moved to warmer weather for our travel home. In Memphis now after a great Thanksgiving with friends in Indiana. I hope everyone's Thanksgiving was good. Attached a couple pictures. We replaced the front bench seat on the CS-S with a custom cabinet with sink and removed the sink out of the bath. I attached a couple picture below. Brian - Portland Or.

Works on my iPad. Click on the little square twice, and it should show up.

Double click does not work on my IPad; however, if I just hold on the square a window pops up asking if I would like to open it. It then shows the image link and let's me view the pic when I click on the link.
  • Options
    Mike, here are some additional pics of the propane box. imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Here is a picture of the compartment door. We use this compartment for the power cord, water hose etc. It makes it nice for setting up without lifting the bench bottom which we will typically have made into a bed.

• Options
    SunnyTABSunnyTAB Member Posts: 65
    Hi Brian - Congrats on your new T@B! We're in Seattle but may camp at Seaside next year. Our favorite WA campsite so far is the Port Townsend Marina. We'll be there next year for Memorial Day. Hope to see you around the PNW!

Tiff in Seattle

2012 BMW x3/2008 TCS "Sunny"

• Options
    TabyDDTabyDD Member Posts: 52
    Hi SunnyTab and Brian, is the Port Townsend Marina a park?  Can you reserve a spot? Additionally, I have a spot at Fort Worden State Park in Port Townsend, Sept 11-13th for the Wooden Boat Festival.  Would be wonderful to meet up on the trail in 2015.  ;)
    Seattle, Wa