Propane Stovetop discolouration?

The second burner on my hob has developed some marks on it that look like rust or burnt on grease.  However, I've rarely ever used this burner and the marks go all the way around so aren't likely to be grease splatter (not that I cook a lot of overly greasy things inside anyway!).

I'm a bit of a neat freak, I always clean down the hob thoroughly when I'm done cooking.  This just showed up last week and I can't seem to get this off with scrubbing and I'm at a loss as to why it happened.

Anyone know why this happened and (more importantly) what I might be able to do to remove it? Or is it one of those "charm of camping" things I need to live with?  =)

2018 T@B Max S silver and black (aka TadT@B), Full-timing since July 2017

Comments

• jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    We have the same, but it was that way when we bought our T@B used and I never seriously tried to do more than swipe at it.

John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    For harder grease stains and grime on your stove grates, try the baking soda method. Wash all burners with lukewarm water and dishwashing detergent to remove initial film. Make a thick paste of baking soda and water. Coat all burners with paste and let stand for 20 minutes.   
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • HR_TalyHR_Taly Member Posts: 119
    @Michigan_Mike what a disaster! lol, don't worry, I thought it was a great idea, too.  I ended up blocking the burners with baking soda and finally had to take it apart with a screwdriver and liberally use vinegar to clear out the baking soda paste (along with q-tips and a needle).  And it ended up not working, boo! The stains remain.  

I thought we were really on to something, but I'd strongly suggest to not use baking soda (bicarb) on the burners to anyone thinking of giving it a try, whoops!  :o

2018 T@B Max S silver and black (aka TadT@B), Full-timing since July 2017

• TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588

Isn't that considered a nice p@tina? ;) 

2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)
  • mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 707
    @HR_Taly - I'm with you. This also happened on the burner "arms" that hold the pots/pans up and I've tried everything (it also bugs me to not look as good as the surrounding area)! Wish I had an answer ---
    Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!