Bellefonte/State College (PA) KOA. Mid-August 2017

gbhaneygbhaney Member Posts: 19
Our first KOA, 2nd camping trip with our new T@B. Very clean, some beautiful new single bathrooms that include extra-large shower, toilet, sink. Regular bath/shower house clean and perfectly adequate. There were quite a few very large motorhomes that probably used their own showers/bathrooms, so no waiting for showers anyway (still haven't used our T@B's shower . . . ). We selected this campground for our 3-night stay because we travel with two Airedale Terriers and this was very close to the large, beautiful Bald Eagle State Park, good for walking, hiking, boating. Discovered that a number of campers had come for the annual Ag Progress Days exhibition and then the huge Grange Fair starting several days later. Unless you are a Penn State football fan, I'd suggest avoiding this campground on fall weekends with home games (probably no sites available anyway). Frequent camper we spoke to said the PSU football campers aren't rowdy in any event. Easy on/off from I-80 in central PA, good if you're just passing through. Spotted our first T@B in the wild as soon as we drove in! Another Jersey couple who bought same color 320 S from same dealer.  :)
2021 T@B 400 BD.  Silver with black. TV: 2020 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD

Comments

• jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    If you want to camp in the area during football season, there are a couple of state parks to the east that are very nice and have a lot of space: Poe Paddy and Poe Valley. I stayed at Poe Valley in 2015 for a football game. Bathrooms were spotless, very quiet and decent sized sites. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014