Options

First extended trip

We just completed a very successful trip from the SF Bay Area to see the total eclipse in Salem, Oregon.  

Before leaving,  I did a bed modification (pictured) by having a pillow made to complete the space in the center.  The new bed is 56x70, when the side pillows are removed.   Granted,  this only works for shorter folks,  but we can actually have seating and a table inside while the bed is made.

Observations from the trip
1.  We used packing cubes to store clothes on the back shelf.   
2.   We did at least 50 tours of the trailer.   In a sea of monster trailers,  we were the exception.   It was an excellent way to make friends and get invited to share a glass of wine.  We almost felt like people were jealous of such a compact design.
3  The factory walked me through the fuse replacement when the Alde went dark. Great customer service.
3.  Our 2.5i  Subaru performed very well for the 2000 mile trip.   Keeping the speed below 60 MPH was the key to better performance and better fuel mileage.  

Comments

• Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 905
    Sounds like you had a great adventure AND got to totality!  Great pics!
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    EstancioEstancio Member Posts: 243
    Congrats on your first successful extended trip. Agree that sticking to 60mph is a good idea when towing the T@B.
    Stancil Campbell
    2011 T@B
    Rockingham, NC

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @friedenr we were close by, ~25 miles east of Salem, our first time dry camping, can't call it boondocking as we camped on the edge of a parking lot, but we had no hookups. Grabbed some very poor eclipse photos. Next time visiting the area, check out Fisherman's Bend BLM campground! On the North Santiam river, many sites with water and electric. Welcome to the T@B world!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner