Options

Dust intrusion from wheel wells.

db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
edited September 2017 in Tips & Tricks
And do I mean it.  I remember reading someone saying to cover the vent under the fridge if traveling dusty roads.  Of course I forgot that part on our week to Idaho and Montana.

There wasn't much dust under the fridge thankfully. But the door side wheel well seam, which looks to be RTV sealant, had separated and let super fine dust coat everything I store under there. I dreaded looking at the other side, thinking if all of the wires to the converter where coated what a mess to clean. Happily it was ok.

I will reseal, and then probably cover with gorilla tape or similar.  

Watching R-Pods going down the road, I always thought I liked the wheels inboard, and I do for aesthetics, but now I see utility in having the wheels outside the body.

PS - per the where do you store your emergency cash thread I now have to launder some money. :bawling:
2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Annual and on-going maintenance for your T@B, from the factory:

http://tab-rv.vanillaforums.com/discussion/2895/attention-special-factory-maintenance-notice/p1
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    edited September 2017
    Thanks Verna.  Not sure if this dirt came from the area described in that thread.  That describes caulking the outboard side of the wheel well.

In this picture you can see where I've messily added some white caulking, this is in the inside fender well.  Most of that seam was broken.  After I took that picture, I smoothed and added more caulking. Once dry I covered with a strip of gorilla tape for backup.

2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited September 2017
    You want to talk about dust!   Try traveling up the ALCAN Highway some day if you want to experience REAL dust!  LOL   First night out of Dawson Creek I go to hit the hay, open up the trailer and a big cloud of dust rolls out!  It's difficult securing every orifice in the trailer as travel generates potential and dust and dirt will unfortunately enter the trailer and you just learn to deal with it in these remote areas.   I had to remove all my bedding, shook out my down sleeping bag, pillow, clothing, etc.  These are high dust areas and for those looking to travel up these remote pathways you will be eating a lot of dust.  

Related image
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    gulfareagulfarea Member Posts: 507
    I would think one area of dust entering would be the A/C vent. My magnetic cover should help. Art
    2019 TaB 320 S Boondock Edge