Options

Jensen audio system & television

Should I be able to hear the Jensen television audio through the Jensen surround sound speakers? I only hear the television through the television built-in speakers. I've been through the menu several times on both the TV and audio system. Are they connected? I can play DVD sound through the speakers. Either it's not possible or I'm missing something ... :(
Any suggestions? (Tab Sofetil 2017)

Comments

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Did you try this. (Found by searching on speakers) Don't know if it does what you need. Lots of speaker threads info.
    @mgreen2
    July 25
    i have a 2017 T@G and this is how to do it. On Jensen switch input to Aux one. On TV switch input to antenna/cable. Turn up volume on the Jensen. 

You can also connect computer or another devise via HDMI to the TV.

If you are using HDMI into TV then switch the Jensen input to Aux One settings and turn up the sound. TV must be on HDMI input. It will play the video on the TV and sound will come out of Jensen speakers. We use it with an iPad with these settings.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
     @seejay One of the reasons there are several Jensen threads is they may not be particularly user friendly.

• Options
    seejayseejay Member Posts: 12
    Thanks Twojgrams! I was doing everything correct (Aux 1) except 'turning the volume up'. I discovered when you turn the audio system volume up the TV audio fades while the speaker's audio gets louder. I had to turn it up quite a bit for that to happen ... its always something simple ... thanks:)
  • Options
    You're welcome! I'm glad @mgreen2 included that small detail.

• Options
    sdenhofsdenhof Member Posts: 43
    Is there a way to turn the clock light off when you turn the system off? The light is way bright:)
    2018 Tab 400 towed by 2013 F150
    Evanston Wyoming home
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    The display has a separate dimmer function. At least mine does--I've heard it's not available in all models.

There should be +/- buttons to (I think) the left of the display. Set the display to "0" to turn it off.
    2015 T@B S