Options

Television

Does any one remove the TV for winter storage?We just picked up our CS-S,it is put away in outside storage lot.Not sure how easy it would be to remove for winter, or is it necessary.

Comments

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    You might want to call the factory and get their opinion.  I leave my TV intact in my Silver Shadow and have done so in freezing temperatures without any issues.  Good question however and have always had a concern for things like laptops, batteries, etc. but to date, no issues encountered on this end.  

Here is a discussion from an RV group that discusses it:  

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890

Oh, great!  Another thing to worry about. >:)   Seriously, not too concerned where I live as low temps are not usually that extreme.  However, the one thing I had not thought about is the possibility of condensation that might be caused by rapid temperature changes.  I suppose this could happen if power had been disconnected to the TV while it was very cold, then powering it up while still cold.  In such situations, I will try to remember to let temperatures rise slowly and equalize before turning on TV.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    jdargisjdargis Member Posts: 305
    2 motor homes , 1 trailer and Wisconsin winters of 25 below zero temperatures.  All stored outside or unheated storage unit, 1 old style tv and 2 flat screen tv's, never removed, never a problem with any, when taken out of storage.

Only item I remove is the house battery (batteries) and vehicle battery if a motorhome and bring them in to a heated area. I keep them charged on a "Battery  Tender" charger.  Leaving the battery plugged in on the trailer converter for long term storage can possibly can ruin the batteries.  I am not sure about the unit in the T@B, if it is a smart charger or not.

Also, I bring the fire extinguisher inside, don't know if you have to or not.

Jeff
  • Options
    IACamperIACamper Member Posts: 109
    edited December 2014
    I have an LED TV and leave it stored outside in the Iowa winters. I bring in any batteries, liquids, food. Everything else stays.
    Kristi Des Moines, IA 2008 T@B L