Options

Subdued Lighting

I've always found the T@B lights to be too bright - Maybe it's because I do a lot of photo editing and want it subdued - But even when reading a book I tend to like it more subdued.
I was at WallyWorld today and they had end-caps (automotive section) filled with these little battery powered lights - they have high/low, swivel/tilt, auto on/off. They came in a 3-pack for $19 or so. Working really well - have one on the end of each of the side shelves and one under the air conditioner. They attach with either screws or velcro.

Comments

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Something I use later in the evening or to keep the light level low is an inexpensive, small LED lantern I found in a shop at the farmer's market this past summer.  It has a dimmer switch and really eliminates the bright light effect.  

I also picked up a couple of the small lights they use in the T@G trailers that have a blue light and a white light.  I like the blue light setting for creating a subdued atmosphere.  The white light can be used for reading.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    Mike - what lantern is that one (brand) and also does LG sell the blue/white lights? That sounds good too. Thanks. Michele
    Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    USWildflowersUSWildflowers Member Posts: 177
    The light in the wet bath on my T@b is blue/white. 1st click is blue, hold switch or press again for white. The blue does indeed provide for a nice subdued light.
    gerry - Flintstone, GA - 2015 T@B S - 2012 Toyota Highlander

• Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    I made shades for my lights, but the Dutchmen lights are different than the LG.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    You should be able to purchase lights via the factory.  Call Elsie as she is "everything parts."  

I would also check at Walmart as they were selling the smaller LED lanterns with dimmers on them by Coleman.  My lantern is not a brand name and probably a product of China.  But hey, it works for me!  ;-)
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    SailTabSailTab Member Posts: 18
    To prevent getting light blinded I have one red led light. Learned that on the boat.