Options

be prepared for zombies

drpprmtdrpprmt Member Posts: 117
edited October 2017 in Camping & Travel
We recently completed a 9 day camping trip thru W. WA.  Every time we stopped for anything, to camp, gas, fast food, groceries, anything, people came over to us and asked about our rig.  Most asked if they could see inside and some even took pictures.  It was so prevalent that we decided we had to keep it neat even when we were traveling.  If I had several T@B,s I could have sold them on the spot.  Everyone was amazed that they are able to cram so much in such a small space.  So, when traveling, keep your unit neat because someone will want to see inside.

Comments

• Options
    rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    Our T@b has generated a fair bit of interest.  People are often interested in how much it cost.  My standard answer is "too much." 
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    fiddlefootfiddlefoot Member Posts: 62
    My husband thinks I should be a sales rep, however he is the one who offers tours at gas stations.
    Denise, Rea and Ruby
    2016 CS S, 2008 Toyota Tacoma
    Somerset, VA

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @drpprmt, Those zombies will sneak up on 'ya when 'ya least expect it! My oldest son had my grandson's graduation party at his home in Graham, Wa. (Western Washington as well). He has an acre of property with hookups, and dump facilities, so Liz & I took the T@B to use as a hotel room, as sleeping space in the house & guest house was already pretty full. I KNOW for a fact, I spent no less than an hour to an hour & a half showing & explaining the features of the T@B to the party guests. Much like you, if there were T@B's available for sale, they would have been purchased on the spot!! Campgrounds seem to be the biggest T@B magnet though. We've just learned to have fun with it. :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    ChrisandAlexisChrisandAlexis Member Posts: 120
    We have the CS-S model with the gallery in the back. When we decide how to set up our campsite, we usually maneuver our T@B at an angle to give us privacy for our front door. That means our kitchen is partly visible to people walking by. I noticed that is what usually attracts the passerbys as I can hear, "look there is a kitchen in the back". I always ask if they want a peek at the inside of the T@B and then let the Mrs. take over the tour guide part of it.

My wife says the same thing first thing in morning when we wake up. We have to get the bed made in case we have any visitors.
    Chris and Alexis-- Roseville, California--2017 T@B CS-S--Toyota 4Runner
  • Options
    We have the CS-S model with the gallery in the back. When we decide how to set up our campsite, we usually maneuver our T@B at an angle to give us privacy for our front door. That means our kitchen is partly visible to people walking by. I noticed that is what usually attracts the passerbys as I can hear, "look there is a kitchen in the back". I always ask if they want a peek at the inside of the T@B and then let the Mrs. take over the tour guide part of it.

My wife says the same thing first thing in morning when we wake up. We have to get the bed made in case we have any visitors.

We usually back into our site, but when we pull in, and the kitchen is visible from the road, it definitely catches extra attention. 
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 905
    Yes!  Those of us with CS-S models can't hide!  I too make sure inside is tidy, just in case ;)
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Yep, we learned early on to pull the shades when stepping out of the shower... Somehow, peeking in the windows is acceptable with a Tab!
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    skwheeskwhee Member Posts: 246
    It's been a way of life for us these last eight years, ever since we first began to travel with our '09 Silver Shadow. Yes, we always do our housekeeping first thing in the morning. We always carry brochures or flyers to hand out. We nearly always offer tours. We answer the how much question with the MSRP or usual price depending on features. And we often use the opportunity to learn more things about the local area. It's a great way to make new friends.
    Steve and Karen Cullowhee, North Carolina 2008 Ford F150 --2018 T@B 400
  • Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    When zombies aren't zombies at all. Pulled into an overnight parking area trying to figure out if we really wanted to stay there for the night. It was a pilot gas station and as Jen was inside asking where they wanted us to park, I parked in one of the long spaces and got out to stretch my legs. This guy immediately pulls up in a truck, rolls down his window and starts asking questions about the Tab. Once I finished telling him what he wanted to know, the real reason he was there came out. He gave me some sob story about being out of gas and he's trying to get to somewhere or another and could I help. That lookie loo cost me $2 and then he parked his truck and went in to the store, I'm sure to buy some beer. It was midnight and my guard down after getting chatted up about the Tab. After seeing a large amount of transient people milling around everywhere, we decided to just keep moving down the road.
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    @dsatwork, I'm surprised to hear that one, considering it was a place of business.
    Funny though, how much being 'on the road' has changed since my earlier years travelling. I was pretty much taken aback by the number of panhandlers etc at rest areas in the Midwest. 
    Probably reflects the greater number of 'homeless', and an opportunity recognised by them. 
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Z_GZ_G Member Posts: 38
    Had a zombie pull up at a gas station asked if my clam had slideouts.... AND my reply was  "yeah with a hot tub"  the best part was his look trying to figure out how that worked out as I pulled away
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    @Z_G, :rofl: Good one!!!
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Yep. We always mention the hot tub, and the lap pool!

We should be sure to include those options in the 'brochure' we hand out! Nucamp will love us.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    'Ya forgot the pop-up conservatory!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    ColleenD2ColleenD2 Member Posts: 414
    skwhee where did you get flyers? I’m making a handout right now but I wonder if NüCamp would give me some of those one pagers?

2019 Custom T@B 320 U Boondock Lite-ish
    Custom Colors & Custom Interior
    We've slept in 34 states, 2 countries & counting.

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Maybe nüCamp should create a decal that says, "What am I?" and has a QR code for epeople to scan that takes them to the nüCamp website. Maybe I will, for myself, lol.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Great idea!

• Options
    done! Want to test it?

• Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 905
    @ColleenD2- tried it!  It works!
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    Thank you! I will share it. I love this idea. Thanks Jenn!

• Options
    Here is one straight to NuCamp, not just T@B.

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Here is one that links to an inside 360 (virtual tour). I have a high resolution version of the QR code if anyone wants it.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Neat

• Options
    What is the web address for that? I don’t have a second device to scan it at the moment. Thanks

• Options
    edited August 2018

• Options
    I don’t mind zombies, but my dogs hate them. Somebody wandering into their campsite, trying to talk to their humans?  Unacceptable!  
  • Options
    JanandDaveJanandDave Member Posts: 119
    Been thinking about charging one dollar per tour.  Would pay for all the camping.   :)
    2016 T@B 320 Max S  "T@BsentMinded"
    2009 Subaru Outback R 3.0
    2022 Ford Ranger XLT Super Cab

• Options
    I don't mind the zombies, but I am gone from my campsite, a lot. 

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    It never fails, if I am at a super busy gas station, two or three zombies want a tour. Sorry, I do not give tours at gas stations so I don’t make other customers mad. Any where else, it’s fine. Besides that, I normally need to take care of other urgent business, too ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”