Options

Valterra F02-3106BK Black Bulk EZ Coupler Valve Cap with Handle

Anyone try this? I am worried my black tank cap will open while on the road, leaving a trail of you know what behind me. 

Here is the link:   https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-F02-3106BK-Black-Coupler-Handle/dp/B0006MRR2Q/ref=sr_1_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1505858824&sr=1-3&keywords=sewer+cap#Ask
Barbara in Durango... T@B Max S 2015...Red & White... pull with 2016 Toyota Forerunner

Comments

• Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    No, but although we've never had a problem with our cap in 3 years I like the design.  If your cap does fall off the gate valve would hold any fluids back...

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Looks good and may give you better leverage and the ability to apply better pressure when removing or installing the cap.   I can see some advantages if you have problems griping and removing or re-installing the cap.  Keep us posted if you buy and use this product.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    luvmytabluvmytab Member Posts: 66
    will do.......glad to hear the lever is keeping it in, makes sense. I had a mishap first time out 2 years ago, not attached to the hitch properly so trailer dropped and broke the valve caps......they are barely hanging in there. I will order and keep you posted. thanks!
    Barbara in Durango... T@B Max S 2015...Red & White... pull with 2016 Toyota Forerunner
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Agree with Durango...  I camped north of Sante Fe in early spring and when I went to leave I noticed the gray tank pipe was gone!!!  The valve was intact and it did take some creative dumping to get the gray water out.  I had to call the factory, have a replacement pipe shipped out to a dealer in Colorado Springs and I ended up reinstalling the attachment (with cap) in a campground in Manitou Springs.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    luvmytabluvmytab Member Posts: 66
    yikes.....it sounds like it was the valve pipe that broke and not the valve cap..... gosh, do we need to have extra valve pipes in our tool kit? Do you know how it broke?
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    I have the linked cap on both my outlets, not because they seal better but because they are much easier to operate with my aging hands. They work great.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York