Options

Turbocharging the Norcold N 180.3 3-Way Fridge (adding a baffle)

The baffle is the key element for any side vent mounted refrigerator. If there is more than two inches of space between the condenser and the wall, your side vent mounted refrigerator will not work as well as it should. The baffle is made out piece of 2x2 cut 11” long and a 12x12 sheet of aluminum, I found at Home Depot for less than $8.00. I staple gunned the aluminum to the 2x2 and bent it so that it would create a ramp to to push the air into the condensers. It’s mounted by replacing the left and middle mounting screws with 2 ½” deck screws. It sits flush with the bottom edge of the vent hole. The aluminum runs at an angle creating the ramp up to the condenser fins. The bottom sits about one inch above the top edge of the bottom vent and is taped down to the inside wall with aluminum vent tape. 

The aluminum is stapled to the 2x2 and then I ran vent tap over the edge to create a smooth surface.

This shows the side that goes next to the exhaust pipe.

The is exhaust pipe is why I cut the 2x2 to 11” as to not interfere with it. Rather than lose the additional inch of surface to move air up the compartment, I just down about 3” or so and pushed the aluminum out of the way

This show the taped edge and mounting position for the fan. It’s mounted all the way to the left side of the compartment.

I took one shot straight up the compartment to show how the baffle looks form the inside.

If you would like to see more about why it's important to have a baffle, please read my latest document posted on the Facebook T@b Camping Trailer Group in the files. https://www.facebook.com/groups/24931511064/10154559661986065/
2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.