Options

400 gauges

so, the gauges for grey, black, fresh water and battery are not in any way reliable! Right? I dumped the tanks this morning and they now all read three lights??? We are in a no sewer no dump campground for 2 days and I would have appreciated more info

Comments

• Options
    skwheeskwhee Member Posts: 246
    @Alan

Here’s our experience:

-The battery gauge is reliable. If you have the solar package the smartphone app gives you better information.

-The fresh water tank is reliable.

-The gray water tank takes much longer to dump than expected. Upon occasion we’ve thought we were empty only to learn that we really needed to give gravity more time to do it’s job.

-The black water tank indicator is problematic. Perhaps it’s wet tissue getting caught on the probes. Doing an aggressive black tank flush or filling the tank all the way up with water before dumping seems to help. Also it seems that perhaps the probes need to dry out a bit. If in doubt you can look down into the black tank with a flashlight by opening the flush valve in the toilet.

Our experience is that with hand washing, dishwashing, and showers the gray water tank is usually the first that needs our attention. Hopefully by paying attention to how you use the tanks and how much you dump, you’ll soon develop a sense of how long you can stay before needing to dump. With conservative gray water use we can go five days. To go longer we’d have to be super conservative. 

Steve and Karen Cullowhee, North Carolina 2008 Ford F150 --2018 T@B 400
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Steve,

Do you prefer or like the newer tank monitoring system over the SeeLevel ll system?  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    We found that we used the gray water and it filled quicker than we thought.  After 2 nights, found that I needed to dump the Gray tank.  Now we watch the gauges a little more to get some idea of when we need to dump.  We carry a couple 5 gallon buckets with seal lids to empty gray to get us through.  I do leave some Gray water to help flush the line after dumping the Black tank.
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • Options
    skwheeskwhee Member Posts: 246
    @Michigan_Mike
    Our 2015 T@B-CS was not equipped with SeeLevel II, so we have no experience with it. We had only a gray water tank for the kitchen and we just learned to pay attention to how much we used it. So...the monitoring system in the 400 gives us much more information than we had before.

Steve and Karen Cullowhee, North Carolina 2008 Ford F150 --2018 T@B 400
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    It'll be interesting to use it one day and my only concern would be the probes inside the black tank.  If material builds up on them it could give a false read, but as noted you can always look through the stool to verify how much space is still available. I do like the SLll system as you get a percentage reading and after you use it for a little bit you do get a pretty good handle as to where you stand on all of the tanks.
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ