Spare RV pigtail with locking connector

Deltaboy59Deltaboy59 Member Posts: 315
Anyone carry one of these as a spare...? I noticed that even though I carry a spare ext cord and adapters for various situations, that I only had one connection to RV...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000NV2VOO/ref=redir_mdp_mobile/184-1381099-7332331#

Comments

• Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I have one that I bought from Camping World and will use it to link an additional 30 amp extension cord to it in case I am further away from an electric hook-up.  There have been several times I could have used one and decided to buy one and be assured of extra length, should I need it.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,159
    edited December 2014
    Delta, call me naive, but why would you need a spare?
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Deltaboy59Deltaboy59 Member Posts: 315
    well if the power cord fails you have no alternative to connect to the locking male connector on the t@b correct? All the ext cords I find are 30 amp with different plugs...and i have not been able to find adapters at Wally world or online... Only pigtails and replacement cords... So what would I do in the middle of my trip with all these cords and no way to connect to my t@b. Ever had an ext cord fail on you ? I'm not that lucky .. Lol.
    Well yeah, there was that cord I ran over with the brush hog - it failed miserably...  #:-S
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Deltaboy59Deltaboy59 Member Posts: 315
    It happens...lol
    I agree u can overdo it preparing for unforeseen things...
    I think I ran 75' of cord a few years back in Wilderness State Park in Michigan when they placed me in a remote (spare) campsite.   I was able to string a couple of cords together and had enough to get power to my trailer.  With a heavier cord coupled to the 30 amp cord I should have enough power to run my A/C if need be.   I just like the ability to be able to adapt to about any scenario I run into while traveling.
    Well, it sounds like you guys are preparing for long trips, where lacking a particular item can be a real pain. 

We haven't done much more than long weekends, when it's easy to say, "oh well, I'll remember it next trip." 

Delta, I do understand the 'be ready for any situation' approach. My DW calls me 'the astronaut' for that exact reason. It's pretty hard trying to know and to fit everything I'll ever need for any contingency into this tiny spaceship!

I look forward to some time when we can take a month or more to just go. and go. and go...
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
    That's the challenge Chan!   I am gone for stints of three months at a time and packing for these trips is difficult, or at least takes some thought.  For the most past I have everything available in either my trailer or the toolbox as I've honed it down to the basics.  Should I need something special I normally am able to find things along the trail in stores, etc.  This forum has been valuable too in learning the little tricks/tips from others and making the small earth pod my home away from home.  
  • mash2mash2 Member Posts: 581
    I'm like Michigan Mike.... I try to stock things that aren't easily obtainable while in remote locations.  I leave a tiny pigtail and a 50 ft extension cord in the trunk of the car (I've need up needing both on at least one occasion.  Never know what you'll need in Grand Basin National Park.