Options

Water pump just sputters

Hi All,

On the last trip I was on the water drank ran dry and ever since then I haven't been able to get the water pump to pump properly. I refilled the tank, turned the pump and turned on the cold water but it just keeps sputtering. Is there some trick to re-prime the pump or something?

Comments

• Options
    rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    I've had success by running the pump, then opening and closing the faucet, approximately 3 seconds open, 3 closed, repeat.
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    How many times have you used it? The 2017's are notorious for getting shavings stuck in the lines from being drilled out during assembly. I had to drain the fresh tank and use a compressor to blow air back into the fresh water tank. I did that by loosening the hose that leads into the water filter side of the water pump. I also had to clean out the water filter several times. It never seemed to look like enough accumulation to mess anything up, but it does somehow. After I blew the hose out and cleaned the filter, the pump primed itself right up. Then I ran about 3 or 4 full tanks of water through the system cleaning out the filter each time. Since I did that, I haven't had any trouble with the system. 
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    Z_GZ_G Member Posts: 38
    Check the in line water filter for a clog just prior to pump and with a sports water bottle add water into the pump... you can also add air pressure into the city water hookup and use that to disrupt any clogs inline... search your topic on this forum... these things have been discussed before... I had a dry pump and clogged inline filter ... there is also the long flush method to get the water going ... good luck...
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Hi All,

On the last trip I was on the water drank ran dry and ever since then I haven't been able to get the water pump to pump properly. I refilled the tank, turned the pump and turned on the cold water but it just keeps sputtering. Is there some trick to re-prime the pump or something?
    • Fill tank full
    • Check connections at pump/hand tighten
    • Check/inspect pump filter for debris and clean as necessary
    • Open faucet valves to relieve/remove air in lines
    • Flush toilet a few times
    • Open shower faucet
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    ELKELK Member Posts: 213
    This just happened to me and it was because the fresh water tank drain valve under the stair was open...I thought I was filling the tank...and it was all draining out! Thus sputter.
    2015 T@B Max S.  TV: 2015.5 Volvo XC70.