Options

2015 Subaru legacy

towing a t@g outback trailer with my 2015 legacy?

Comments

• Options
    LuckyjLuckyj Member Posts: 286
    Why not?

of course, you will need a hitch and trailer light and brake controler if you have it on a trailer.  And if auto trans, you might want a trans cooler if you do not have one.
    2017 T@G Max Outback "Le Refuge"
    TV 2005 jeep TJ unlimited
    and/or 2005 Nissan X-Trail 4wd
    Alaskan Malamuthe on board!

Les Escoumins and Petite-Riviere-St-Francois QC
  • Options
    LuckyjLuckyj Member Posts: 286
    edited September 2017
    But you might also want to check with your dealer with the weight of you t@g ans see what they think about it.

towing limits as to do with many things.  The main ones are weight limit of TV (tow vehicule), laws and regulation according to your state or province, your inssurance company if you go beyound that limit (liability) and personal confort and type of driver you are. Some driver want to drive with a trailer like they would do w/o and this is when things can go south real fast, even if you are within all the limitations that exist.

i know that when I tow, I always slow down and anticipate braking distance, road condition and stupid driver according to my set-up braking distance and stability.

some guy here (I think) pull a t@g with a honda fit. Some others pull little TD with motorcyle and spider trikes. And they are only a couple hundread lbs lighter than a T@G. And the bike are much lighter than any 4 wheel TV.

so I would say make sure that your TV can handle the weight (to be on the safe side and enjoy).  Some people wants a fudge factore way more important, some are confortable with a smaller margin.  I am, cause I ajust me driving and I have been towing loaded trailers for more than 30 years with all kind of TV, from small 4 cyl manual 4 speed Renauld 5 to a ford E-150 and never had issues, not even close calls over thousands of miles at a time, But this is also related to how I drive.

hope this help your reflexion (wait is this word translating how I want to??) :)
    2017 T@G Max Outback "Le Refuge"
    TV 2005 jeep TJ unlimited
    and/or 2005 Nissan X-Trail 4wd
    Alaskan Malamuthe on board!

Les Escoumins and Petite-Riviere-St-Francois QC
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    Also keep in mind the tongue weight. 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    RollingBnBRollingBnB Member Posts: 322
    Well, they sell a 600# tongue and 4000  lb tow weight hitch so a 1200 lb Tag should be no problem.
    2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
  • Options
    tar81tar81 Member Posts: 4
     bought a 2018 t@g outback my legacy pulled like nothing was behind it
  • Options
    tar81tar81 Member Posts: 4
    i decided not to pull with my subie so I bought a Jeep thank you all
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @tar81, thanks for the update, and happy camping!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @tar81 I’m sorry about the Subaru, but gotta say, your Tag + Jeep combo has such a higher cool quotient. No offense Sub owners, please, no hate mail. We loved our Impreza for goodness sake!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner