Options

Duracell Puck Lights

I wanted to share a lighting item I purchased at Costco for $12.99 (on-line for $19.99).  They are puck lights that are battery operated and come five to a package.  Each puck uses three AAA batteries and they come with the package.  The lights can be controlled by a remote, which allows you to dim them, put them on a timer, or change the color from white to red, blue, or green.  The lights aren't bright, but are perfect for evening light (you could read by them).  When dimmed they feel like candle light.  The red lights used at night are great for moving around without affecting your night vision.  The pucks can also be turned on individually by simply tapping the light cover.  The on-line reviews say they are battery hogs since there is a constant drain due to the need to be remote ready.  I simply removed the batteries and will replace them the next time I use my Tab.  They come with double-sided sticky tape for placement.  I found them well worth the money.
2015 T@b 320S Maxx Outback, aka "Alie Cat"
TV:  2012 Honda Ridgeline

Alice
Crozet, VA

Comments

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    I have them under my kitchen cabinets at home. I never use the remote. They are battery hogs. Now I know why.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    edited September 2017
    Try solar Luci lights. I'm in love with them. They are so much fun (some slowly cycle colors). There are white bright lights or the soft white lights only. The soft white lights are wonderful for me since bright LEDs are bothersome.

One of the fun things is that the white Luci lights can be decorated with Sharpies to match your decor. The Luci lights have the tiny solar panel on top with the on-off button. The light itself blows up like a floatie toy. The light can store flat (no air). 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    drpprmtdrpprmt Member Posts: 117
    this is a good addition as I find the tab a bit dark.  Is there any led surface mount light that is not a battery hog?  
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @drpprmt do a search for my thread or post about the kitchen light I used to replace the energy hog stock under cabinet light. I love that dimmable light more the more I use it. It is perfect for Morning eyes that aren't ready for the bright overhead light outside the bathroom. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    Love my FROSTED Luci light (the clear one is too harsh).  Use it as my main cabin light at night.  Have a flashlight handy in case of emergencies because the Luci on/off switch is impossible to find in the dark.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    I replaced my "reading" lights with the blue/white lights they put in the 400. Much nicer(the blue) at night as opposed the the retina burning white ones! The overhead puck light is next for replacement...
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    @Verna, dimmable lights are one of my loves. My eyes and ears are sensitive in the morning. Blinding me and (for those relatives I visit) having the television being above a whisper on the news can make my decaffeinated brain not only go into "bear mode" and make me growl at any "good mornings", but it can induce a near-migraine headache. Not a nice way to start the morning. Love dimmable lights!!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)