Options

Air bleeder on Alde circulation pump or lines

We used the Alde heating system on our 2016 320S Max this week in Northern Arizona.  I noticed a small perculation coming from the system that sounded like it might be bubbles of air going through the pump. Is this normal or is there an air bleeder I should attend to?
 Thanks, Jim

Comments

• Options
    JustJohnJustJohn Member Posts: 171
    As long as it is a small bubbling sound you are good to go. That is actually how I tell if my unit is coming on line. I have a 2016 unit and at first thought it might be due to low fluid but after checking a few times the fluid levels are good. May be a bit of air in the Alde but seems to have no affect on the performance. I am a big fan of the Alde system.
    2016 Outback.....North East N.C...... Former 2012 Silver Shadow
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited September 2017
    The Alde system has an expansion tank behind the rear shelf, where the glycol can be heard gurgling as it passes through.
    It also functions as a bladder reminder for my DW.  :s
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    It sounds like a babbling brook that puts me to sleep ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    jlapointjlapoint Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the responses. The heating system works fine. Better than fine actually. The bubbling is very mild, like a small brook far away. Was just over-reacting I guess. I will double check fluid level to be sure.    Jim
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    The expansion tank also gets rid of excess air in the lines (supposedly). Somewhere in the manual (I swear I read it), it said that if you tip the T@B so the tank is higher than the Alde, it'll help get rid of some trapped air. Also, turning the pump down a bit will stop the heavy bubbling. Some T@Bs have their expansion tanks in different areas (front or back). Make sure you know where it is!! :)
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)