Campground Finder

2»

Comments

• Zurdo5150Zurdo5150 Member Posts: 24
    2017 Silver/Black T@G XL MAX
  • kaylevine1kaylevine1 Member Posts: 165
    I use Campendium a lot-if you are traveling pull up the app it indicates where you are and you can have it tell you what is close-you can specify free or not free etc to eliminate what you are not interested in-there are reviews for many places which often give specific info about directions etc

I also keep paper maps of every state that I got from AAA that you order for free at their website if you are a member-I upgraded to AAA+rv
    and yes--I have had to resort to the paper maps at times in areas with no internet of any kind or even onstar when there was flash flooding and roads\tunnels were closed near National Parks
  • davel4wadavel4wa Member Posts: 91
    edited July 2019
    Lots of good tips here, thanks. I have used MS Streets & Trips for trip planning and it is hands down the best trip planning software for Windows computers. Unfortunately it was discontinued and the last version available was in 2013, I believe. That makes the highway and POI information dated. Still, it has so many tools for planning your driving day including driving radius, driving duration, start/stop times, timed driving breaks, search for POIs along route, driving style, preferred roads, area avoidance, and more. Searching for a replacement has been futile. Nothing somes close and most are designed for delivery and appointment scheduling for businesses. I will still use it along with some of the sites and apps suggested here to verify campgrounds are still in business and for some that may have changed their names or changed their accommodations. It's also nice to have something on hand to make last minute changes while on the road because you never know when your day plans will be interrupted or some interesting POI might cause a course deviation.
  • HappyPainterHappyPainter Member Posts: 1
    I spent last year exploring the South Carolina State Parks. Easy web site with availabilities  posted. Great parks!
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    @HappyPainter, welcome to the forum and congrats on that first post. Looking forward to seeing more.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.