Options

Roof vent hand crank 320 cs s

BlueBlue Member Posts: 4
we have somehow discombobulated this crank and cannot open the vent or operate the fan. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    hymiehymie Member Posts: 150
    Is the vent (lid) lock engaged?
    James & Jacquie     Almonte, Ontario
    2016 Jeep Cherokee & 2017 T@B Outback
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Blue said:
    we have somehow discombobulated this crank and cannot open the vent or operate the fan. Any ideas?
    Agree with Hymie, you  probably have the lock engaged on the vent cover that locks the cover in place.  You will need to turn the lever handle to disengage it and once this is done you should be able to able to fully open the vent cover.  Once the vent cover is extended upward some, there is a built in switch that activates the fan motor (activates after the cover is raised about half way up) when you are using the fans speed control.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,356
    You may want to remove the round interior screen to see better.  There is a small lip on the edge of the screen.  Gently, but strongly, pull it straight down.  It may seem like it will break, but won't.  You can then remove the fan blades themselves held on with just one screw.  This should give you plenty of access to diagnose the problem.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    RoameyRoamey Member Posts: 239
    Is the crank screw loose and in need of tightening?
       T@B trip wherever
    New surprises everyday
       See beautiful world
  • Options
    gregndebgregndeb Member Posts: 31
    I agree with your suggestion.  Ours came loose after the first month.  I went to the trouble to remove the screen, etc, before realizing all I needed to do was to tighten the screw in the handle!
    T@B: 2018 320-CS Max
    TV: 2017 Toyota Highlander
  • Options
    db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    To alleviate my head banging that knob,  I removed the screw and now keep the knob velcro'd nearby.  To open or close, you just hold the knob tightly pushed in, and turn. 

Agree, the OP probably has the lock engaged.
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• Options
    BlueBlue Member Posts: 4
    Y’all are good.  While bbqing, I asked my wife for a Phillips screwdriver. I invited her in to help me fix the vent. Job complete. Thanks to all.