Options

Just for information - Alde Thermostat

DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
While the Fort Wardon rally last weekend. I was sharing some ideas. The Alde thermostat came up. I don't remember who shared this but it's worth considering. It was suggested that the television can generate enough heat to send a false reading to the thermostat. So if your trailer feels colder than your temp setting this may be a factor.
  1. Hash  T@B Fun

Comments

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,499
    Thanks for this @Dalehelman! I have been wondering where the Alde sensor gets it's room temps from as I can have it set on 80' but the thermometer on the table reads 68'. It usually won't kick in until I crank it up to 85', then turn it down to 82' later in the night.
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    That's an interesting point...my digi thermostat does read 5 or so degrees higher then the other wall unit thermometer I have adjacent to the door....
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @4ncar, the Alde thermostat has an option to adjust the Alde thermostat to agree with your other thermometer. Mine is off by 4*.  Look for the Alde Manual in the “User Manuals...etc. “ category for instruction on which screen to use.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Verna, I believe that adjustment is under the "tool" menu ( the little wrench lookin' thingy...sorry @Homebodyatheart, stole some of yer lingo). There's a thermometer image where you can adjust the degrees to accommodate the differences. 
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    Since the TV is not on all of the time would you want to change it?
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,514
    We do not have a TV, so no artificial heat factor.  We adjusted ours 5-6 degrees.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Dalehelman, mine was off 4* without the TV on and with the A/C over snapped into place.

Yes, @ericnliz, a lesson in where to find a copy of the manual....  I’ve spent a lot of time getting the category’s content refined ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    skwheeskwhee Member Posts: 246
    We confirmed with a nüCamp representative lasr week that the Alde temperature is usually off by a few degrees.  Ours also was off by about 6°F. We temporarily placed a small digital thermometer immediately next to our Alde control panel to get an accurate reading then used the Tool icon. 
    Steve and Karen Cullowhee, North Carolina 2008 Ford F150 --2018 T@B 400
  • Options
    ...another reason to play with my trailer this weekend!,, =)
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    @4ncar , A good sit-down with your trailer, manuals in hand is a GREAT way to become more comfortable with the workings of the individual appliances & systems. Don't be afraid to push buttons & tinker with things so YOU'RE more familiar with the  workings & settings. That being said, I spent a good deal of time with the manuals, and tinkering with everything & I STILL learn new things from folks here. This a GREAT place for getting the questions answered that the manuals either don't describe, or don't describe in depth enough to fully understand. Good luck & make it fun! ;)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    ericnliz said:
    @4ncar , A good sit-down with your trailer, manuals in hand is a GREAT way to become more comfortable with the workings of the individual appliances & systems. Don't be afraid to push buttons & tinker with things so YOU'RE more familiar with the  workings & settings. That being said, I spent a good deal of time with the manuals, and tinkering with everything & I STILL learn new things from folks here. This a GREAT place for getting the questions answered that the manuals either don't describe, or don't describe in depth enough to fully understand. Good luck & make it fun! ;)
    Oh...don't you worry...I have tinkered and twisted knobs and flicked switches on the first day I had it!! lol But you are right, through the acts of others we learn! lol  This is a case point for me.  I played with the alde digi thermostat quite a bit, but didn't realize(or remember) that there was an offset feature.
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    I'm pretty sure @ericnliz meant ...manuals in one hand, and glass of wine in the other...
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    @ChanW, Ok, we'll go with that scenario! =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    edited October 2017

...it's 5:00 somewhere, right?
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
     =) 
    Spokane, Wa.