Options

Trim Leaks???

I believe I have finally found the right T@b for me. However upon inspection today I found that the rubber trim on the roof side of the color trim on the roof wall joint had pulled away from the color trim. Will this be a potential leak source or is it merely decorative? To be more descriptive, when standing in front of the trailer looking at the roof, at the edge where the roof meets the wall, there is the decorative color trim piece. Under the roof side edge of that trim is a rubber trim piece. Over most of the trailer the rubber piece is under the color trim. However there is a section 12 inches long where the rubber is not under the color trim. ( Sorry for the long description)

Secondly the color trim piece has a joint at the peak of the roof. Is this a critical leak point?

Gerri (Gary) Ewing
Montgomery TX (Birthplace of the Texas Flag)
2018 320 S - "No Agenda Hacienda"
Tow Vehicle 2023 Honda Pilot AWD

Comments

• Options
    RollingBnBRollingBnB Member Posts: 322
    Trim is only decorative. CS model doesn't even have any trim
    2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,498
    I think that black rubber is decorative as well.  Tabbers just glue it down when it comes loose.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    FishDoctorFishDoctor Member Posts: 59
    I agree that it is decorative. It is not that big of a deal to glue it back in place with some silicone adhesive (cheap to fix, but maybe a couple of hours worth of work depending on how extensive an area is affected). If you are picking your T@B up from a dealer, requesting them to take care of it sounds reasonable to me. If purchasing a used T@B, it would seem fair to factor it into the price.
    Downers Grove, IL
    2017 T@B S Max, Blue and Silver -- "The Blueb@rry"
    States Visited Map