Options

T@B 400 optional inverter

Found out today that the inverter on the T@B 400 is an option. My dealer is doing solar prep using the Renogy solar suitcase 200w. Should I order the factory inverter or upgrade to a more powerful unit. I boondock once or twice a year and can generator on those occasions. If you did get the factory inverter how much was it and are you happy you did?  Thank you all for the information I have been gathering on the forum before I order my unit.  =)
T@BOO TIKKI 2006 Clamshell 
T.V. 2011 Sprinter
T@B 400 White with Graphic Delete.

Comments

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    What 110volt appliance do you want to run while Boondocking? If you only boondock a few times a year, AND have a generator, skip the inverter entirely. A 200w solar array and decent battery will meet most electrical needs while camping. 
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I thought it came standard?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    skwheeskwhee Member Posts: 246
    A nüCamp representative confirmed that the 1200W inverter is an option in the T@B 400. The cost of the upgrade is determined by the dealer but is likely $400 or less. 

The two of us have found that we use the inverter on rare occasions while camping off grid. We charge laptaps, toothbrushes, or a shaver. We're glad to have it, we wouldn't run the generator just for one of those items. 

Happy Trails!
    Steve & Karen 
    Steve and Karen Cullowhee, North Carolina 2008 Ford F150 --2018 T@B 400
  • Options
    sdenhofsdenhof Member Posts: 43
    I have the inverter and there is what appears to be an on off button on the inverter pad next to the inverter outlet. How does the inverter work? Nothing seems to happen when I push the button???
    2018 Tab 400 towed by 2013 F150
    Evanston Wyoming home
  • Options
    skwheeskwhee Member Posts: 246
    @sdenhof
    Keep the switch in the off position except when you are using the inverter. When you switch it on, it provides power to the single 110 receptacle there adjacent to the switch. Hope this helps!
    Steve and Karen Cullowhee, North Carolina 2008 Ford F150 --2018 T@B 400