Options

Some LED lights not lit

on the road and while stopped someone showed me not ALL the right rear LED lights are lit up. Other side ok. Thoughts? Thanks. I didn't have time to do a search. 
Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    The entire light is one and will eventually (soon) will go out. It’s not a two minute job, either, and you might as well replace both at the same time. The lights are caulked or siliconed or something into place, plus the plastic around it must be removed to replace the lights. If this sounds vague, it’s because (wait for it @ChanW....) nüCamp changed mine out during Tearstick IV.  Be sure whoever does the work places lots of silicone or caulk around the screw holes or it will leak (voice of experience) but it is easily fixed.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Yes @Verna, I'm seeing the benefits of getting to Tearstock! Is it there that one might inquire about Tab accessories, like flying broomsticks, and magic wands? Protective pads for Quidditch?
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    @ChanW, my flying broomstick works only one night a year, but the magic wand is forever energized!  The protective pads....we can’t talk about those on the Forum......kid friendly, remember?!!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    dang! I gotta get me one of those broomstix...  :o:o:o
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    EstancioEstancio Member Posts: 243
    @mickietucs, the individual LEDs within a unit are not likely to go out all at the same time. Got to be a tail-light problem -- and not a wiring issue. If there are enough remaining LEDs that are functional and bright, you might be able to wait on repair when you are back home. But you should definitely check them constantly. If you happen to pass anywhere near a dealer, you could have the repair done during your trip. Good luck! 
    Stancil Campbell
    2011 T@B
    Rockingham, NC

• Options
    My right tail light looked like Pac-Man.  Trust me, the lights go partially out.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    LOL, the diodes just die. There's no bulbs. When too many diodes give up the ghost, the entire assembly needs replacement.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    Thank you all - just got back to semi-civilization (was out of cell range for a few days and now at Kartchner - even wifi in my trailer - woo-hoo)!  I'm HOPING it won't go out completely until Jan when I head to Mesa for T@bazona and can take it back to the dealer. Although it might be easy for some, I'm sure I'd be cursing trying to do the job! 
    Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!