Options

Running lamp circuit

is there a inline fuse for just the running lights? I have brake & turn lamps but no running lamps.  I have “Juice on the tv 7 pin...
TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
2018 320S Outback

Comments

• Options
    RoameyRoamey Member Posts: 239
    Have to ask, is this only with your new car?
       T@B trip wherever
    New surprises everyday
       See beautiful world
  • Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    Well, yes, but haven’t hon so far is hooking up the old again...guess im gonna try, now that u ask...where u going with this?
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    New Jeep is wired differently!!!!
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    RoameyRoamey Member Posts: 239
    edited October 2017
    Maybe something is missing in the wiring; relay, trailer flasher, fuse...  Someone with the same car should be able to help (or there is always the dealer). :smirk: ( Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 3 L diesel)
       T@B trip wherever
    New surprises everyday
       See beautiful world
  • Options
    Dealer(boooo) lol. I get battery at the fuse box, replaced fuse no good. I loothe the idea that the Perez is a break in the wire from the fuse box to the 7 pin on the TV. Got a buddy who's a mechanic with more patience then me coming by today to take a peek...
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    foxdenfoxden Member Posts: 148
    I hate to even admit this but I thought I had trouble with the running lights on mine a few weeks ago.  The Jeep Cherokee has the knob for the headlights right in line with my left knee and I didn't realize that my knee had turned off the headlights.  Because I was only driving during the day, I didn't notice.  Without those, the running lights were not powered.  Now I know!
    2017 Max S - Silver/Red - T@briolet -  2016 Jeep Cherokee - Fredericksburg, TX
  • Options
    I believe I have found the culprit.  As there was no power at the TV 7 pin, but I have power at the fuse box, it HAD to be wiring from fuse panel to 7 pin. I just couldn't believe it to be on a 3 yo truck. Well...chasing the wire harness, I found a section of the harness that had been rubbing against the rear right upper control arm; exposed and corroded copper. It's very in accessible to work on, so I'm taking the truck to my buddies shop to get it up on the lift. I hope to have resolve by this time tomorrow...
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Glad you found the culprit! Hope all is well now.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Ratkity said:
    Glad you found the culprit! Hope all is well now.
    It is now! It was the warn wire I found yesterday, wasn't easy to get to, but spliced & repaired! Put a small piece of rubber hose around the problem area to prevent it from happening agin!
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Nice. It's always great to find the obviously correct fix, when previously it was a bunch of question-marks! 
    Wonder why it was free to rub on the suspension in the first place, on a TV so young. Aftermarket installation?
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @4ncar, Glad to hear you got your mystery solved! I've used pieces of rubber hose slit down the center & placed on sharp pieces of metal to protect wiring & rubber hoses myself before. Nice simple solutions to avoid a not so nice situation later! Good thinkin'! ;)
    @ChanW, There have been several times I've asked myself the  question..."Now WHY did they put it there, so close to THAT????" :i_dunno:
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    @ericnliz, yeah, and I admit I'm guilty of being one of those... "Oh, I'll do it right later, if it fails..."
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    @ChanW & @ericnliz it was/is clearly a manufacturing “issue.” The wire harness was in its stock wrap with stock securing means. It was installed “high & tight.” The just seemed to be a sag at the wrong spot, and thus the rubbing.
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    For wire wear issues, I usually stick a high temp repair tape between the place and the wire and use heat-shrink splicers. Glad you found the rogue wire!!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    So it was part of a bundle. That's tricky to find, and tricky to fix!
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    @ChanW indeed. Wire schematic helped to ID the wire color...white with brown stripe!
    2018 320S Outback