Options

BAL hide a spare

Happy Trails,
Phil & Anita - Driftless: 2018 T@B 400/2015 Ford Explorer 

Comments

• Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    No, but I think you would have the same issue with it dragging. Most of us have moved it from the back for clearance, not because it's hard to get to.
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    Agree with dsatwork, though I will add that getting the spare off the original mount is not something I would enjoy doing on the side of a highway on a rainy afternoon!  :-P
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Or on hot pavement!!!!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    The Bal system would be easy to use, but, it would have to put it even lower to the ground than the original mount.
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.