Options

Alde electric settings

I am trying to get familiar with my Alde control panel.  I have the digital model 3010.  The manual mentions that it has 3 settings - off, 1 & 2 for the electric mode, but it does not explain the difference between the 1 setting and the 2 setting.  Can anyone help me to understand which setting I should use for what?  Thanks

Comments

• Options
    ColoradoJonColoradoJon Member Posts: 415
    edited October 2017
    The Alde 2010 is equipped with two 120V heating elements, 950W max output each.  You can use either one or both elements by selecting 1 or 2 on the Alde control panel.  You will need to make sure that your electrical source is capable of running both elements.  If not, select only 1.  Check the Alde manual page 5, upper right, for description.
    Jon & Angela | Florissant Colorado | 2017 Outback S
  • Options
    TikiBarTabTikiBarTab Member Posts: 39
    Thank you ColoradoJon!  So...I'm assuming that if the electrical source is capable, the 2 setting would heat faster?  Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm a bit electrically illiterate :)

• Options
    ColoradoJonColoradoJon Member Posts: 415
    Yes it would :)

Even faster if you added propane heat as well.
    Jon & Angela | Florissant Colorado | 2017 Outback S
  • Options
    skwheeskwhee Member Posts: 246
    @TikiBarTab
    To elaborate a little further on @ColoradoJon 's comment, those two 950 watt heating elements each draw 8 amps. If you are plugged into a 30 amp service you should be fine setting the Alde to 2. However if you are plugged into a household 110 plug and don't want to risk popping a breaker, stay with the 1 setting.
    Hope this helps!
    Steve and Karen Cullowhee, North Carolina 2008 Ford F150 --2018 T@B 400