Options

Maintenance Service

Near our home (just a few miles) is a Camping World service center. Our T@B dealer is around 25 miles away through some of the worst traffic in the world (north metro Atlanta, GA). My question is do any of you have your T@Bs serviced at Camping World? I need my brakes and wheel bearings serviced. I know this may be controversial and I don't want to offend anyone, but I really need to know if it would be wise to go to anyone other than dealers for service. My local trusted auto mechanic won't do the work. My Outback is just out of warranty with 14months and 16K miles on it. Thanks for any thoughts on the subject. 
2021 400 Boondock/ 2021 Toyota Tacoma Off Road

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    Any competent trailer shop should be able to do this work. Hopefully someone with more first hand experience can chime in here.

Regardless of where you have the work done, just make sure they jack the trailer using the frame and not the axle torsion tube!
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Try a utility trailer business. I’ve found their hourly rate is about half of what the RV dealers’ rates are. Be sure to follow the instructions in the post previous by @ScottG.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    As convenient as Camping World may be, I've never seen any good reviews for their service departments and everyone I know that has gone to one, had a bad experience or felt they were overcharged. Trailer shops specialize in bearings and the torsion axles are widely used, so I would be shocked if a trailer shop wouldn't know how to work with them. But like @ScottG mentioned above error on the cautious side and remind them to "jack the trailer using the frame and not the axle torsion tube."
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    If Camping World's labor rates align with their product costs bring a BIG wallet or an extra credit card.   =)
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    GrandmasKidGrandmasKid Member Posts: 160
    Well, a little research with Yelp.com has me thinking I won't ever go to Camping World for service. They only get two out of five stars and many reviewers wanted to give them 0. Thanks to those who weighed in so quickly. This forum is great!
    2021 400 Boondock/ 2021 Toyota Tacoma Off Road
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    @GrandmasKid I took mine to my local car and tire shop that I trust to have my brakes checked after my first few trips. I did let them know that they cannot put it on the lift, but need to use bottle jacks behind the axle(I think that's right...) Anyway, it was simple and actually no charge as they called it a free brake check! Good luck!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,503
    Near our home (just a few miles) is a Camping World service center. Our T@B dealer is around 25 miles away through some of the worst traffic in the world (north metro Atlanta, GA). My question is do any of you have your T@Bs serviced at Camping World? I need my brakes and wheel bearings serviced. I know this may be controversial and I don't want to offend anyone, but I really need to know if it would be wise to go to anyone other than dealers for service. My local trusted auto mechanic won't do the work. My Outback is just out of warranty with 14months and 16K miles on it. Thanks for any thoughts on the subject. 
    When I bought a used T@B I asked around locally for recommendations for a very good tire shop and took my trailer to that shop for new tires and also to have bearings repacked and brakes checked. I think that there are probably a lot more really good tire shops around than there are really good RV service centers. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab