Options

New Owner....Black tube..

Hi all..Dw and I are the proud owners of a T@B 320 CS-S.  DW is outside even as I type "nesting".  One question she's asked that I can't answer (among others of course) is why does water leak on the ground from a small black tube just under the sink in the Little Guy.  The grey tank is not full and it takes only a minute or two of draining to begin to see the discharge.
  Checked the on line manual and can't find any reference to the tube. Can anyone shed light on the water??
Pete & Jeanne 2019 T@B red and grey 400 Boondock Lite..TV 2015 Nissan Frontier, Southern Louisiana

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,507
    You did not say if your Tab had been winterized, but, valves do get left open after that process.  City water connection or using the fresh water tank with pump?  There are hot and cold water pipes with valves and the Alde Safety Relief/Drain valve that discharge out the floor of the galley cabinets.  If left open, water will discharge from the system rather than go to your faucet.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    PJ123PJ123 Member Posts: 41
    Hi Sam, Don't know about winterized, bought the T@B used.  Found that the Alde expansion was 'bout empty and in the process of replenishing it.  I believe you've put me on the right track relief/drain valve wise...will check..Thank You!
    Pete & Jeanne 2019 T@B red and grey 400 Boondock Lite..TV 2015 Nissan Frontier, Southern Louisiana
  • Options
    RollingBnBRollingBnB Member Posts: 322
    That could be from the ALDE water heater. When we turn ours on it will drip alittle as it warms up.
    2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 910
    @PJ123 - Welcome!  We have a clamshell also and find it has its own set of solutions compared to non-clamshell models.  Be sure to put your year and model in your signature line so people can help specifically with your model.  Have fun!  And don't be afraid to ask questions.... 200 heads are better than one! ;)
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    PJ123PJ123 Member Posts: 41
    2Cougs, right you are, I was remiss in not being more definitive.  Thanks for the heads up!  Tbone  my apologies I didn't follow thru on the thread.  Yes, in the clam shell under the sink I found a yellow flip valve.  One direction would drain. Flip another direction and it's closed.  All is well.  Thanks for keeping me honest Y'all!