Options

Thetford Porta Potti

Can anyone confirm that all the T@B-U, L and Q models have a cabinet big enough for the Thetford Porta Potti model 260B?  It is 12.2"H x 13.4"W x 15"D.  I'm interested also to know if the S model has such a cabinet, useful for cold-season camping I would think, when plumbing is unavailable.

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    The S model (S meaning shower) has no cabinet a chemical portable toilet will fit in.  I either use a commercial bag called Double Doodie spread over the toilet to collect the waste, or I use two 13 gallon kitchen trash bags (one inside the other) with a bit of non-clumping kitty litter in the bottom, once again spread over the toilet.  It works very well during my drive to the Southwest every year, until it is warm enough to dewinterize.  Dispose the bags with garbage, as you would a child’s diaper. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,499
    I can't speak for the U,L,or Q models, but there is no designated cabinet that size in the S or CS-S models. However, you can buy bags like this (which are crazy expensive):
    https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=double doodie bags&typeahead=double doo

Or you can get creative for a lot less by using two smaller trash bags, one inside the other placed in your toilet(hang the excess over the rim, under the seat) and put 2 cups or so of kitty litter or pine pellets in the inner bag to soak up fluids. When you need to empty pull the inner bag and toss in the trash, replacing with a fresh set up. Good luck in your decision!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    JandJ92010JandJ92010 Member Posts: 304
    We have an" L" model and use a Thetford 24135 model Portapotty. We store it in the bottom cabinet under the stove. Ours is smaller than yours, but the cabinet is large enough that yours would fit easily.
    The HobbiT@B, 2015-L, towed by a2014 RAM C/V
  • Options
    cbarnhillcbarnhill Member Posts: 330

Here's what I use and I also pour a little kitty litter in the bag before tying it off.  I order it from Amazon.  Cost is about $1.00 per bag.https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0051AZZ36/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Cindy with my 2015 MaxS (Puppy) and my 2015 Subaru Outback (Boo)
  • Options
    lauriehartlauriehart Member Posts: 11
    Any U or Q users out there willing to measure cabinets or tell me which porta potti you use?
  • Options
    driftlessdriftless Member Posts: 135
    That model Porta potty came with our Q.  At the time of purchase, the potty, in it's box, was stored in the very bottom cabinet that is under the sink.  However, we have never used ours, nor do we keep it in the T@b, since we choose to use the campground facilities. We did purchased a shower/potty tent that we could utilize if we ever decide to boondock with our T@b.
    Happy Trails,
    Phil & Anita - Driftless: 2018 T@B 400/2015 Ford Explorer