How did Santa Treat Your T@B?

Santa treated the T@Bpole fairly good this year. 

I got a new outdoor rug, smaller then the Wal-Mart one I had (and without the hole) and it will neatly fit under the awning.  Stake came with it.

Also got some ever useful Yankee Candle firestarters, which work great.

Finally, I got a Death Star bluetooth speaker.  While not specifically for the T@B, it will see a lot of use there.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
Sterling, VA

Comments

• judymacjudymac Member Posts: 403
    Shade for the door window.  Such a surprise after hand stitching a curtain.

Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32

• peakaprilpeakapril Member Posts: 1
    My T@B  got a "Claw" and a small rug at the door.
  • WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553

Weather station with outdoor wireless sensor. . . nice to tell what's going on outside while in T@B.

Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • radrenradren Member Posts: 229
    Deathstar, very cool. I got a back to the future "Flux Capacitor" USB charger. It is a perfect fit for the 12V outlet. 
    The Mouse house and me
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Santa dropped off some nice presents in the Silver Shadow this Christmas and spared me the coal this year, so things are looking up!   :D

5.jpg 61.9K
    2.jpg 124.4K
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391

I finally got my T@b Christmas present set up today. In an unusual scene, we had bright sun today. It is the Goal Zero Maintainer 10 solar trickle charger. The voltmeter was reading above 13.0, so that is not bad and according to other Amazon reviews, not uncommon. We will see how it works out.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

edited January 2015
    I finally had a chance to set up my Goal zero Maintainer 10 solar trickle charger today. The 12v voltmeter was showing 13.0 or better today in a rare scene with bright sun late this afternoon. 

I also received a Snowpeak titanium mug that can double as a cooking pot for backpacking or other uses. I am thinking this, plug a tiny stove might be a good option to help me not be eating after 9:30 at night during all day shoots, to grab a quick hot drink before I head into a football game or other uses. I am not in backpacking shape, but it is one of my goals in 2015 to work towards getting back in shape so that planning my first backpacking overnight adventure can occur in 2016.  

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    edited January 2015
    Hi Jenn. I too have a solar trickle charger that looks a lot like yours, however, mine did not come with suction cups. Did yours, or did you come up with that yourself? Mine sits on the flat topped diamond plated tongue box (SS not T@B) but it would be nice to be able to stick it to the trailer sometimes (when I need to get into the box).

The mug looks a great find. I have the same keurig mini, just cobalt blue. :)
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
    Sally, it came with the suction cups. They seem like good quality suction cups but time will tell.

• RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    Ok, thanks for the reply. I will see what I can do about rigging corner mounts for mine.
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Beth, the whether monitor you have looks very nice.  I have been thinking about one too, Becky always likes to know what the temp and all is, where as I am like, "Oh, it is sunny and chilly, I'm good!"

Radren, just remember, us geeks gotta stick together!

Jenn, the solar unit looks very nice, looking forward to hearing how it works out for you.  Sadly, I don't do enough boon docking to justify the investment, but it looks like it will be a very good one for you.

Sterling, VA
    Nathan, actually, this solar hookup is just to act as a battery tender for the back yard.

• CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Ahh, OK, missed that.  Good idea.

Sterling, VA
    edited January 2015
    Short-term follow up: battery is still showing full. Checked the charge today, a dark rainy day, and was still showing 12.69 at the voltmeter with a fully charged battery. Short term is encouraging.

• leenscottflleenscottfl Member Posts: 254
    Jenn, please indulge my ignorance but I need a little info. My T@B has a connection for a Zamp panel and says only connect Zamp to it. Do you connect to the Zamp connection or directly to the battery?
    Scott, Orange Park, Florida...2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara... 2015 T@B S Maxx "Buttercup".
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited February 2015
    You can adapt most any solar panel and plug any of them into the Zamp port (it's connected to the battery) as long as you have the quick disconnect male fitting on the unit you're plugging into the Zamp solar port.  

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
    The Maintainer cones with the 2 pin connector that feeds into the Damp port, like Mike showed above. Nothing additional is needed.

• leenscottflleenscottfl Member Posts: 254
    Thanks... Looks like a winner!
    Scott, Orange Park, Florida...2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara... 2015 T@B S Maxx "Buttercup".
  • MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,498
    @jkjenn
    I need to get a solar trickle charger for a 2013 T@B CS-S that doesn't have a cut-off switch.
    I have a couple of questions about the Goal Zero 10W maintainer

Are you still using this charger? Still happy with it?
    Does it generate enough power that you don't need to cut-off power to the trailer (i.e. enough power to overcome parasitic drains)?
    Did you need to get an adapter to reverse the polarity to use the Zamp socket on the T@B propane/batter cover?

Thanks!
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
    Marceline said:
    @jkjenn
    I need to get a solar trickle charger for a 2013 T@B CS-S that doesn't have a cut-off switch.
    I have a couple of questions about the Goal Zero 10W maintainer

Are you still using this charger? Still happy with it?
    Does it generate enough power that you don't need to cut-off power to the trailer (i.e. enough power to overcome parasitic drains)?
    Did you need to get an adapter to reverse the polarity to use the Zamp socket on the T@B propane/batter cover?

Thanks!
    If you don't use the Zamp port, than no. If you do use the Zamp port than you can either get an adapter or change the wires on the battery, assuming that you are not using a Zamp solar panel. 

It worked well enough, except in the dead of winter. But, I am in Pittsburgh, where we get the second most cloud cover in the US (second to Seattle.) Your experience may be different. Our winters are mostly overcast and dark days.

I think it is worth having a battery cut off installed, however. You can also pull the fuse and it will kill the power.

• MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,498
    Thanks for replying. I have been pulling the fuse but I was thinking maybe this charger would make that unnecessary. I'm in California so maybe it will work. Or maybe I should just get a cut-off switch.  :s
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
    Marceline said:
    Thanks for replying. I have been pulling the fuse but I was thinking maybe this charger would make that unnecessary. I'm in California so maybe it will work. Or maybe I should just get a cut-off switch.  :s

Getting a cut-off switch was one of the smartest mods I made.