Options

2017 t@b max s problems on first trip

Pump did not work tried all suggestions from tab forum called rv dealer who sent me call Ohio , they sent me new pump,stated having problems with pumps. Next 4 door cabinet above hinges popped out, super GLUE to fix.next a/c and frig filters good luck trying to get to them to clean poor design.next bath room floor started to crack at drain cover, epoxy that.frig compressor runs really hot,not set on coldest setting,with outside fan on,added another fan under frig ,there is a 5inch hole circle for air to go up to coolest tubes. Another poor design.drain pipes are really low ,so hassle to get higher than camp site fill tube.   Other than that ,oh hot water,but not wanting to run furnace, took awhile to figure that out ,needs better pics of water lines and shut off valves.  So I guess for 20k that's what u get it is not a comp size airstream which is 41k!

Comments

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    nckoala said:
    Pump did not work tried all suggestions from tab forum called rv dealer who sent me call Ohio , they sent me new pump,stated having problems with pumps. Next 4 door cabinet above hinges popped out, super GLUE to fix.next a/c and frig filters good luck trying to get to them to clean poor design.next bath room floor started to crack at drain cover, epoxy that.frig compressor runs really hot,not set on coldest setting,with outside fan on,added another fan under frig ,there is a 5inch hole circle for air to go up to coolest tubes. Another poor design.drain pipes are really low ,so hassle to get higher than camp site fill tube.   Other than that ,oh hot water,but not wanting to run furnace, took awhile to figure that out ,needs better pics of water lines and shut off valves.  So I guess for 20k that's what u get it is not a comp size airstream which is 41k!
    Sounds like it just wasn't your day, but at least you've come to the right place.  

Happy Thanksgiving!  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    BigGroverBigGrover Member Posts: 450
    Did you buy new or used?
    BigGrover
    2019 T@b 400 Boondock Lite
    2018 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi
    Central Alabama
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @nckoala That's a rough start but it does sound like you managed to figure things out, good work. Ours was 1&1/2 years old when we bought it and we've had none of these issues. Not sure I'd have your fortitude!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    Reminds me of that old joke - "Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, did you enjoy the play?" Hang in there. These really are great trailers.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    HalooHaloo Member Posts: 137
    Sounds like you are having a bit of bad luck.  Bummer.  We had a few issues we fixed ourselves with our 400.  And T@Bs are about as well made as you can get.  I'm just happy my wife and I agreed on a travel trailer rather than a boat. Boats sink.
    T@B 400 | F150 | Washington State
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Ha! Definition of B:break
                              O:out
                              A:another
                              T:thousand
                          :rofl:
          Just Sayin'!  =)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf