Options

Norcold Fridge not working on Shore Power

My Fridge works on Propane and DC. I’m still troubleshooting. I think it’s something as simple as a fuse or the switch or a loose connection. Either way I set to take off for a month and may not have much opportunity to tinker with this if it’s any more complicated that minor diagnosis will indicate.
Heres my question to the smart electrical types on here. If I operate the fridge on the DC setting and have shore power connected, will that work?
Would recharging from shore power keep pace with the draw down on the battery from the fridge? I figure I can just try this and see but thought it’s worth asking the crowd first.
thanks for any thoughts on this. 
Josh Orth.
Certified RV Technician
jomrvt.com
2021 T@B 320 CS-S

Comments

• Options
    monamona Member Posts: 241
    Make sure it's plugged in. Outlet is on the inside of under sink cabinet.

jeannie
    2015 T@b S Max  white with silver trim. 2018 GC Trailhawk. 
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    That sneaky plug just wiggles out of the socket sometimes!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    blackoaktreeblackoaktree Member Posts: 23
    Thanks I did all the standard checks. I check the outlet and I even plugged the fridge into a house outlet. It’s definitely an issue in the fridge. 
    Josh Orth.
    Certified RV Technician
    jomrvt.com
    2021 T@B 320 CS-S
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    The 12v mode draws 11A or so, if I recall right. I think that might be tough on your converter, for any length of time. It also is constantly ON in 12v mode, and will freeze your veggies! (Fridge thermostat is only functional in 110v mode or propane mode)

Why not use propane? It ought to last a good long while (weeks, if I recall @Verna's experience)...
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Yes, in this weather (Midwest), using the propane only for your fridge, the 20 lb tank should last two to four weeks. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    blackoaktreeblackoaktree Member Posts: 23
    Perfect solution! I’ll use propane. Not sure why I didn’t think of that one. Thanks!
    I’ll be in Tucson in December at a KOA so it’ll be easy to refill regardless of how long it lasts. I don’t expect I’ll need the propane for heat.
    Josh Orth.
    Certified RV Technician
    jomrvt.com
    2021 T@B 320 CS-S
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    If you’re at a KOA, you can use electric for the Alde heat.  It does get cool as soon as the sun goes down. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”