Options

VIN Location

2»

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    The photograph would have to be certified and signed by an inspection agent. Bummer.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @jkjenn, since you are registering it in another state than where you bought it, does a Law Enforcement Officer need to verify that?  

In Indiana, there is a form to fill out, and a Law Enforcement Officer must inspect the T@B and verify the VIN. I had to do that with my 400 2 years ago and with a boat I bought in Kentucky earlier this year. My county requires a $5 fee to be paid before the call is put out for an officer to come to your house to inspect it. They verify the accuracy of the title, VIN on the title and they run the VIN to verify it is not stolen. 

It’s not hard, and they try to send an officer out as soon as possible. I got to meet our only female Deputy Sheriff and her K9 dog....the dog from a distance😉

Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    edited July 2020
    No, a notary or certified inspection station can do it. I think the notary will be the way to go because I will have Rocly with me.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014