Options

Hello from Baton Rouge

Hubby and I have owned a 2008 T@B TL since 2011 and we love every minute we get to spend with her.  Originally purchased up in Connecticut while we were living near Reading PA.  Lots of camping trips up to Hickory Run State Park and a major trip down to Grayton Beach FL (we LOVE Grayton Beach!) then back up along the East Coast.  In 2013, we moved to Southeast Texas.  Couple trips back over to Grayton Beach and a few trips up around Sam Rayburn State Park.  In 2016, we moved to Baton Rouge and have already made another trip to Grayton Beach (did I mention that we LOVE Grayton Beach?) as well as a trip to Daisy State Park in AR to dig diamonds at Crater of Diamonds.  We plan to camp one weekend a month at one of three State Parks that are located within a 2hr drive from home. 
We have not made as many modifications as I'd like as Hubby has been hesitant to "alter the camper from it's original configuration in the event we decide to sell" but just recently we (he) decided we weren't parting ways with our little teardrop anytime soon, so let's start getting this unit modified to suit our pleasure.  (our "aha" moment came when I pointed out that we have towed the same camper with three different vehicles...we're more likely to get another truck than we are to get a new camper)
We purchased a Pahuque awning when we first got the camper and about 2 years ago, scored a Pahaque room tent for half price.  I have visions of setting up both, one on each side of the camper, at some point, but have yet not been motivated to go that far.
Sometimes, we travel with one of our three dogs and sometimes, they all go to Doggie Camp for a getaway weekend.  We have yet to take all three with us (gulp) as there may not be room in the bed for everyone!  LOL! 
Currently, I have a posting on Modifications forum regarding moving the bed back over the storage compartments on the back wall.  If y'all have any thoughts on that modification, please look up my post and comment. 
Happy to be here and we hope to connect with fellow T@bbers in the South!
2008 T@B TL, white with yellow trim towed by a grey 2010 Ford F150 supercab.
David & Chris
Baton Rouge, LA

Comments