Options

Ready - Set - Tow!

Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
edited September 2014 in Tips & Tricks
This handy little list was located on the Little Guy forum so we wanted to get it in the right area so that others could use it.
Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
RST1.jpg 388.1K

Comments

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Just a note, I have split off the discussion regarding sway bars to make it easier for folks to find the information later as needed.  You can find it below:

http://tab-rv.com/community/#/discussion/76/towing-with-a-sway-bar

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    That card was put together by Sandra Rutan and former T@B owner Ella Brown.  In my four years of T@B ownership, I've always camped with a copy taped to the inside of my cabinet door.  I do always check for power at the post before setting up.  Nothing worse than getting the trailer situated and unhitched, only to find you have no power.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    TABooTABoo Member Posts: 30
    Also, folks should make sure their tow vehicles can tow a T@B before towing one home! They are relatively light, but can't be pulled by just anything! Consider dry weight, plus cargo in T@B, and in TV too. Be safe, have fun!
  • Options
    radrenradren Member Posts: 229
    Hi Sandra,
    I so agree with you. A salesman told me I could pull the T@B with my car, no problem. It would have been a TERRIBLE problem. I am getting an old but very capable van to pull my one day soon T@B safely, both for me and those on the road around me. Thank you all for your advice and good wishes. 
    Wanna be T@B
    The Mouse house and me
  • Options
    belvagillespiebelvagillespie Member Posts: 199
    Sandra, 
    My Atwood manual does indeed indicate that a sway controller should not be used. 
    I have started a new discussion about the speed that we travel in our T@Bs. Maybe the sway we have experienced is the result of poor road conditions, wind and blowing rain, and a travel speed that was too high for comfort with the T@B. 
    T@BbyKay, 2014 CS, S Ford Explorer
  • Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    You should post that over in the thread where they were talking of using sway bars.  They should know the manual states to not use one.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    stanmstanm Member Posts: 49
    As someone asked about "Ready, Set, Tow" recently, I thought I'd post a revised version Kitty & I have created specifically for us. Please feel free to download and modify specifically for you. This one is in Microsoft Word format instead of a pdf so you don't have to re-type it all in...

Enjoy!
    Stan & Kitty - Seattle - 2014 T@B Q, Silver & Orange, 2013 Outback
  • Options
    I'm sorry, but I can't seem to get the file uploaded. Is there any help for uploading a MS Word file?
  • Options
    There is a Ready Set Tow in Word for the Dutchman but the LG is only in pdf. I do understand how to manipulate a pdf but you still can't edit it which was the point of my attempted upload. Are we not able to upload Word Docs on this site?

• Options
    Word documents should load with ease to the site, yes.

• Options
    karenmkarenm Member Posts: 1

I must be really thick ... can't get the Ready Set Tow Tricks larger without being blurred....

Thx if someone can direct me to the posting of the "word" version....

• Options
    tb19tb19 Member Posts: 6
    i have a 2012 T@B max that i just bought and towed with my kia sedona and did just fine, my kia can tow up to 3500lbs, i was disappointed with the gas milage which was 14mpg, without trailer i get 25mpg
  • Options
    karenm said:

I must be really thick ... can't get the Ready Set Tow Tricks larger without being blurred....

Thx if someone can direct me to the posting of the "word" version....

Karen,

Clicking on the document doesn't open and enlarge it for you?   It opens up fine and enlarges here on my PC.  What type of computer are you using?  
  • Options
    BigGroverBigGrover Member Posts: 450
    I cannot get it to work either. If anyone has it in pdf or ms word please pm me.
    BigGrover
    2019 T@b 400 Boondock Lite
    2018 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi
    Central Alabama
  • Options
    My dealer let me know that my T@Baby is on his way from Ohio to California and should be arriving in the next week or so. It has been soooo long but the day I hitch him up and bring him home is close. Which raises the next question about the hitch. I think someone had mentioned that the distance from the middle of the ball to the ground is 19 inches. A 2 inch hitch?  Can anyone clarify this for me? Any suggestions about what to ask the dealer, what to check out and how to minimize return trips to work out bugs would be appreciated. Thanks everyone for all your information and I hope to be able to meet a few of you in person one day.
    ren
    The mouse house and me.
    Towing with a 1987 white and black Astro Van.
    The Mouse house and me
  • Options
    JustjudyJustjudy Member Posts: 75
    16" from the ground to the top of the 2" ball according to the owner's manual.
    Larry and Judy. 2015 T@B S M@xx. Silver with black trim. Bell@. Towed by a 2005 Toyota Tacoma.
  • Options
    Thanks JustJudy,
    I will try to get a hitch that is close to that to pick him up. I know I may have to tweak stuff after I bring him home but I have a 2 hour drive to get home and wanted it as close as I could. If it were just next week now!!!
    ren
    The Mouse house and me
  • Options
    Thanks so much. I will send you a reminder Monday. I need the little guy T@B edition. 
    ren
    The Mouse house and me
  • Options
    twocutestwocutes Member Posts: 198
    This is the only T@B specific manual I could locate and I didn't notice any specs on ball height.  If there is another manual, I am definitely interested.  I had to measure the TV and the T@B trailer.  I have a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and am using 4" drop hitch, but could really use 1-2 more inches of drop.  I ordered an adjustable height from eTrailer, but it is back ordered.  Once I receive it and confirm it works, I will be looking to unload the 4" drop hitch and ball mount.
    Beth
    Minnesota
    Practicing to be a wanderer
    2020 T@B 320 CSS Boondock Lite
    2014 T@B 320 CSS M@xx
    2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 8 speed automatic
    2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited V8
    2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 6 speed manual
  • Options
    PaulaKPaulaK Member Posts: 54
    Minnesota Beth, in the section entitled "Coupler" it states that the ball should be at 16" from the ground to the top of the ball. Is that what you're looking for?

Paula & Larry | 2015 T@B S M@XX "Serenity"| 2014 Subaru Outback | Maple Grove, MN
  • Options
    Thanks, Everyone has been so helpful. We were also at the dealer and we actually measured. It was 14 inches from the ground. So I think the 19 inches is way too high. I am going to get as close as possible and when I finally get the trailer (another 5 - 6 weeks) I will have to see how it rides. 

The Mouse house and me
  • Options
    twocutestwocutes Member Posts: 198
    edited August 2014
    PaulaK - Thanks so much for pointing out my obvious miss!  I completely skipped that section, probably focused on the other items, since I didn't have the manual until after I picked up the T@B.

Beth
    Minnesota
    Practicing to be a wanderer
    2020 T@B 320 CSS Boondock Lite
    2014 T@B 320 CSS M@xx
    2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 8 speed automatic
    2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited V8
    2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 6 speed manual
  • Options
  • Options
    jules2gojules2go Member Posts: 164
    @Michigan_Mike Great list thanks. I printed it out and saved it on my laptop. 
    2020 Tab 320S BE "Moonbeam"
    2019 Toyota Tacoma 

Asheville, NC

"Don't postpone joy!"