Towing Insurance et al. Coach Net ? AAA+RV?

Havent seen any posts since 2015 on this topic unless I totally missed them. New owner here and thinking of Coach Net. Have AAA for my car. Anyone have experience with Coach Net? 
Thanks!
2018T@B 400. Ford Explorer TV. Medina, Ohio

Comments

• jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    edited December 2017
    If you're a veteran, we realized good savings from USAA, including our T@B.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    If you have AAA for your car, why not the same for your t@b? Then you can take advantage of discounts for having both items with the same carrier. We do. We also have the plus membership which would dispatch 2 tow vehicles for a mishap with both vehicles, such as highway debris affecting both the TV and the trailer, neither being left by the roadside. Whatever you choose, goodluck.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • HR_TalyHR_Taly Member Posts: 119
    I have State Farm for my car (I have everything registered out of Pennsylvania) and when I asked if they'd cover my T@B, they said they didn't provide separate coverage in Pennsylvania, that it's lumped in with my car insurance and there's nothing extra to add.  I didn't care for this, as a full-timer, and wanted extra options so I went to find stand alone coverage.

I initially really wanted to go with Good Sam, as I know they understand the needs of RVers.  I was surprised that the quote came back really high.  I also on a whim filled out a quote with Progressive - who actually did have an option to say I was full-timing!  My quote came back with better coverage at almost half the rate of Good Sam so I went with that.

Of course, your state and lots of other information will dictate your rate.  But I was surprised that Progressive was really comprehensive and had a lot of pick and choose options when it came to RVs and I was able to really personalise my quote/coverage.  This at least made me feel as if it wasn't a throw away option but something they invested in and backed.  I did everything via the internet and was able to get a full quote and I even purchased it that way (I spoke to a live person only once after I picked up my T@B just to updated the VIN and they were very nice).  Luckily, I can't speak to how they manage claims, but I hope it's good! 

2018 T@B Max S silver and black (aka TadT@B), Full-timing since July 2017

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    HR-Taly - we did the same thing.  Ended up with AAA for the TV and Progressive for the T@B.  Previous discussions on the forum revealed that the benefits of AAA coverge were regional.  We wanted to make sure that if the car needed to be towed, the TaB would not be left back on the road somewhere.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Note that AAA policies aren't all the same - their coverage and benefits are unique to each local "chapter".

For example, here in western NY, the AAA-WNY chapter that we belonged to for 30-some odd years told me that the AAA-Plus RV plan would not cover a camper trailer. The camper would be left sitting on the side of the road. The WNY Plus-RV plan only covers an RV that's an all-in one vehicle.

So check what the coverage really is in your local AAA before you buy it.

Needless to say, we dropped AAA and went with Progressive. They'll even cover your pet in a claim!
    If you have AAA for your car, why not the same for your t@b? Then you can take advantage of discounts for having both items with the same carrier. We do. We also have the plus membership which would dispatch 2 tow vehicles for a mishap with both vehicles, such as highway debris affecting both the TV and the trailer, neither being left by the roadside. Whatever you choose, goodluck.

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Two years ago, my sister “lost” her transmission on her RV in British Columbia. AAA Plus RV from Indiana asked her if they needed to send two wreckers. She only needed one, but they did tow her RV to the nearest town, 50 miles away. No extra charges were incurred.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    Like Chan, we dropped AAA for Geico...WAY cheaper and better coverage.

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...