Tire mount

MikeottoMikeotto Member Posts: 4
edited December 2017 in Modifications & Upgrades
I am looking for a tire carrier like this. I live in Vancouver,B.C and will be traveling down the coast to San Francisco soon and was wondering if there is a dealer on the way down I could get one? thx in advance.

Comments

• dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    @Mikeotto, the pic you posted is of a Dutchman t@b. Is that the make of your tàb? Or do you own a Pleasant Valley/Nucamp t@b? I understand from a previous thread that the tire mount in your picture is no longer manufactured, however, I'm sure there are any number of fabrication shops that can duplicate or fabricate anything you want. The only impediment is $$$$. If anyone has info to augment or debunk my info, please post up! Whatever you choose to do, good luck and happy t@bbing!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Yes that mount was made for the Dutchman Tab, and is no longer made.

I ordered that one from the manufacturer, one of the last that he had on hand, and it wouldn't fit on our newer Little Guy Tab, so I returned it.

If you search the forum a bit for tongue mount or a-frame spare tire carrier, you might find some examples of what's currently available, 'off the shelf'.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • MikeottoMikeotto Member Posts: 4
    Yes mine is a 2007 Dutchman unit. I know the frames are different. The frame would twist using a side mount system. I did not know that the setup in the pic was not made anymore.
  • ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited December 2017
    Well you might contact the guy that made them. I had the impression that he made them in his spare time or something. 
    That was in 2013, but he might still have a couple left...
    It was Jason Georgiades, at J.G. Works LLC - troposmfg.com edit: it looks like the website is defunct now
    email:biopower43@gmail.com
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya