Options

sewer hose and attachments

gooddogs74gooddogs74 Member Posts: 76
Hi there, I am very very new and have what I'm sure are basic questions, so I may be posting several (sorry!)  I have a 400.  It came with a blue sewer hose, a sewer "donut?" and a black piece.  The black piece appears to connect to the opening on the t@b.  The "donut" appears to be able to be shoved onto the end of the hose.  Does that piece go to the place where I dump?  And how does the other end securely attach to the black piece that attaches to the t@b?  Am I missing something?  Also when I put the sewer hose into the storage area, it seems like it could slide pretty far in there and I'm not sure I want to be reaching my whole arm in there to get it out.  Is there an idea of what I could do to keep it near the front?  

Also, I am going to be staying at places where there won't be an area to dump.  What do I do?  Are there places I can find on an app or something?  Can the grey water go on the ground or does it all need to go into a sewer?  

And finally when I hook up to the black tank flush with a hose (guess I need another hose for this!), should I add anything like soap or bleach in there before I flush it?  

Thank you! 
2018 T@b 400

Comments

• Options
    Smullis7Smullis7 Member Posts: 221

I have a 320, so can't answer your questions about the hose that came with your 400 or the storage area.  For a way to locate dump sites, I use the Allstays app.   While the grey water is sink/shower water, so mostly food and soap, most placed frown on you emptying straight to the ground. 

As far as dumping the black tank, I empty it, then run a hose to flush it out a bit (there are attachments you can get to really get in there if you want).  Then I put @ a gallon of water in the tank and some enzymatic tank treatment.  There are many different varieties of tank treatments and as many opinions about them, so you'll have to research for your favorite. 

Sheila and the Mullis Pups (Winston, Morgan, Leroy & Dakota)
    M@bel M@y, my 2017 T@B Outback Max S (silver w/black trim), towed by Maude Myrtle, my 2016 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock.

• Options
    gooddogs74gooddogs74 Member Posts: 76
    Is the tank treatment the safe stuff they gave me to put in the toilet (they told me to dump that in after I did the dumping?  I will check out that app, thank you!  I have a black tank flush that I can hook up a hose.  When you say you put a gallon of water and the treatment in the tank, are you dumping that in the toilet?  And is it ok to clean the toilet with regular clorox toilet bowl wand things? 
    2018 T@b 400