bigger tires for the tab s

has any one put on larger tires to raise the tab a little bit

Comments

• ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @brookings, When exploring this option, you'll need to be quite mindful of the clearance factor inside the wheel well itself. Make sure you measure not only circumference, but width as well before taking the plunge.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    I've seen folks chatting about it. It seems that a 'lift kit' is a prerequisite to bigger tires. I'm thinking that the Outback provides that - bigger tires and higher clearance. @jkjenn had hers adapted, with an Outback axle kit (installed by the factory - which happens to be in her neck of the woods), and that included tires, I think. 
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • WrongWayRexWrongWayRex Member Posts: 7
    My goal is to put the same tires on the Tab as what we have on the Jeep, this way I will always have two spares. But I just ordered our 320 CS-S and it will be here in 5 weeks. First we need to modify the garage to park the Tab inside. Once everything gets here, I will weld up the needed height spacer to pick the camper up to get those 33" tires under there. Hope it goes well. The height is not the concern, according to my measuring, the frame forward and rear of the tires is my real concern. NuCamp will not custom modify their frame just for me, so I will wait till we get it and do the deed in my back yard. My wife is already tapping her foot. LOL
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,925
    @WrongWayRex, welcome to the forum, the t@b family, and congratulations on your trailer! Enjoy making mods and and most of all happy t@bbing!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • WrongWayRexWrongWayRex Member Posts: 7
    Thank you. Look forward to pulling around the country. Headed to Moab in June. That will be our first real test of ability, both for the camper and our Jeep.
  • StingSting Member Posts: 3
    One other thing to check, if you have the spare tire under mount it is a real tight clearance between the tire and the cross frame. That is if you plan to upgrade your spare as well. 
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    ericnliz said:
    @brookings, When exploring this option, you'll need to be quite mindful of the clearance factor inside the wheel well itself. Make sure you measure not only circumference, but width as well before taking the plunge.
    My goal is to put the same tires on the Tab as what we have on the Jeep, this way I will always have two spares. But I just ordered our 320 CS-S and it will be here in 5 weeks. First we need to modify the garage to park the Tab inside. Once everything gets here, I will weld up the needed height spacer to pick the camper up to get those 33" tires under there. Hope it goes well. The height is not the concern, according to my measuring, the frame forward and rear of the tires is my real concern. NuCamp will not custom modify their frame just for me, so I will wait till we get it and do the deed in my back yard. My wife is already tapping her foot. LOL

I think with using the Jeep tires, the wheel well could be the challenge. You might have to completely reconstruct.

I am using the General Tires AT Grabbers, which I believe are either 14" or 15" tires from the factory and I use Cooper AT3's on my Grand Cherokee, which are 18".

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• LibrarydragonLibrarydragon Member Posts: 103
    I've seen a t@b that was jacked up. The person had to use a different frame. It looked a little off balance.
    Sara&Carl
    2015 max s outback, TV 2011 RAV4, V6, 4x4, & 2017 Tacoma Off-road 4x4
    Soquel, CA