Options

Florida T@b Group and/or Rally?

Sally6Sally6 Member Posts: 6
I am new to the T@b life, and I would love to get involved with other Tabbers. I'm in Central Florida, and I'm wondering if there is a statewide organization. It's been frustrating to try to sign up for one of the get-togethers, because by the time I find them, they're full! Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    DptritDptrit Member Posts: 18
    I am in Miami and interested in also meeting other T@bbers. I have not found one. The TearJerkers have a meeting at Tomoka Park Feb. 1st - 4th, but it is for teardrop trailers in general not T@Bs
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    edited January 2018
    There's a category called Teardrop Groups and Links in the left hand column. You might also check some of those out for news of Tab rallies. I've not heard of any statewide organizations, but that doesn't mean there aren't any. I think there's a Pacific Northwest Tab group, and they're on FB. If you search on Florida in the search field you can find several recommendations for Florida camping too.

And welcome to the forum!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,927
    @Sally6, welcome to the forum, the t@b family and congratulations on your trailer. There are Florida t@b owners here on the forum, but don't know if they specifically do state or regional rallies. Last year at Ucamp we met Denny, a t@b 320 owner from St. Petersburg and Ed a potential t@b CS S 320 owner. @VickeyP is a t@b 400 owner on this forum from the Clearwater/Dunedin area. I'm sure others will chime in here, too. We were in Florida with our t@b for 12 days last August, so you are certainly not alone, and we visit regularly. I'm sure you'll find friends here and near home soon.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    Tabmann400Tabmann400 Member Posts: 22
    I am also interested on a Florida Tab Group/Rally.  I am from northeast Florida, Jacksonville area.
    Reposting my first comment from another posting:  
    I joined the forum today.  We took delivery of our Tab 400 on 4/9/2018.  Went through PDI with dealer's tech with limited know-how on Tab's electronic appliances.  Overall, we are very happy and excited to have our Tab. First time RVer, first time towing a trailer camper.  Went through a storm during the last hour of a 4-hour trip back to our house.  Wow, what a first day on the road!  Looking forward to learning from the Tab community. We registered for the nuCamp 18 Rally in July in Sugarcreek, OH.  
    Manny & Anne, from northeast Florida,  2018 Tab 400,  Silver with black trim, towed by 2017 Ram 1500
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Sally6 said:
    I am new to the T@b life, and I would love to get involved with other Tabbers. I'm in Central Florida, and I'm wondering if there is a statewide organization. It's been frustrating to try to sign up for one of the get-togethers, because by the time I find them, they're full! Any suggestions?

Sisters on the fly isn’t a T@B group, but some members camp with T@Bs. I just checked and there’s a camping event this weekend and a couple more this year in Florida as well as several others in your neighboring states. That might be your cup of tea if you want to get out camping in the company of fun women.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,927
    @Tabmann400, welcome to the forum, the t@b family and congratulations on your trailer! Looking forward to meeting you in Sugarcreek. I believe @robpt is in your area, or very nearby. You might want to pm him or look him up here on this forum. Happy t@bbing!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    Tabmann400Tabmann400 Member Posts: 22
    Thank you dragonsdofly.  I have just posted a comment on @robpt's page.  We will see you in Sugarcreek.  
    Manny & Anne, from northeast Florida,  2018 Tab 400,  Silver with black trim, towed by 2017 Ram 1500
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,500
    @Sally6 and @Tabmann400 this is why I started East Meets West Washington State last year (actually while my Tab was on order...) I picked a nice campground as close to the middle of the State as I could, picked the dates and put it out there. Last year we had 17 trailers, 33 people. So far this year we have 45 trailers, 75 people coming. I intentionally planned a less structured gathering, enlisted the help of fellow Tabbers, looked at other rally agendas, and went from there. Just set one up and see what happens! You will be amazed, and make new friends, too!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red