Options

Vinyl Tubing to Attach to Fresh Water Drain Outlet?

Does anyone know the diameter of plastic vinyl tubing that will fit over the fresh water drain outlet on a T@B?  This stuff:

I need to drain my fresh water tank, but can't just let it spill out onto the ground where I am.  The outlet (I couldn't get a good picture of it) is graduated and looks like if I had the right diameter I could put a bit of clear flexible tubing (like the stuff used in aquariums) on the end and let that drain out into an approved area.

It's buried back behind the front step and I'm having a heck of a time trying to get a measuring tape back there to measure. I'm so far away from a hardware store it's going to be a major time investment to travel to one so I want to make sure I know the right size!  Does anyone know?  Thanks!

2018 T@B Max S silver and black (aka TadT@B), Full-timing since July 2017

Comments

• Options
    dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 584
    I don't know size of tubing, but when I drained my tank while in my garage, I used a Rubbermaid tub and carted it off...do you have anything like that? Or, can you turn off your city water and just use the water from your tank? 
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• Options
    LSkrabutLSkrabut Member Posts: 136
    Myself I used a short piece of 1/2" clear tubing clamped on with an 1/2" sprinkler fitting the same size as a hose end. I cap the end when not in use and can attach a hose when a drain is needed to direct the water appropriately. Your sprinkler or hardware store has these items readily available. 

Utah Driven

2019 T@B 400 (Ex 2018 400)

2015 MB GLK 250 Diesel

2018 GMC Canyon Denali Duramax CCSB

• Options
    HR_TalyHR_Taly Member Posts: 119
    Sad to report that 1/2" ID is too big.  Well, it does work, but fits very loosely and requires a clamp to keep it in place and keep water from just spilling out.  If I had to do it again, I'd get the next smaller size ID so that it wedges in place without a clamp necessary!

2018 T@B Max S silver and black (aka TadT@B), Full-timing since July 2017

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    3/8" automotive fuel line works good. No clamps required....& no wet feet, arms, etc.! ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    LSkrabutLSkrabut Member Posts: 136
    Wonder if different T@B, models, years makes a difference in hose outlet diameters? Always best to see what your situation is first.   :)

But the concept of using clear PVC, vinyl correct size hose works for most. I just added the standard size female hose end which also was the same inlet size and cap to keep the internals clean and free of dirt, plus able easily attach a standard hose to further direction the emptying water.

Utah Driven

2019 T@B 400 (Ex 2018 400)

2015 MB GLK 250 Diesel

2018 GMC Canyon Denali Duramax CCSB