Options

New to T@B universe - RV'ing outside Washington DC

peterac50peterac50 Member Posts: 67
My wife and I just picked up our 2018 T@B320 Boondock. While it immediately went into storage - its cold here in Vermont. We are planning our maiden voyage soon to Washington DC in late March/early April. Do people have a favorite RV Park with easy access to the capital? 

I have also been reading through the posts on this sight which are great, if a bit intimidating, as there is so much to learn about how to properly operate this rig, not to mention the basic equipment we need to interface with all of the hook-ups. But we are planning to take it slow. Nice to know there is such a great forum to explore and learn from.
Peter and Nicki; Quechee, Vt
States Visited Map
2019 Tab 400; 2019 TV Honda Ridgeline

Comments

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @peterac50, Welcome! Try not to be intimidated. Things will come to you & make a lot more sense once you start actually using your trailer. Just get out there & have fun with it. Nice set-up by the way!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,927
    @peterac50, welcome to the forum, to the t@b family and congratulations on your beautiful trailer. We were absolute newbies, never having owned any RV before, but the t@b is almost intuitive. You have time to read and explore this forum. Great folks and excellent information here. Learning and outfitting are part of the adventure. Most everyone recommends a few driveway camping times to familiarize yourself with most amenities and to get comfortable with your camper. Many adventures await and happy t@bbing!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    linolino Member Posts: 226
    There is an RV park near Prince William forest which is near Quantico
    I have never been there but I have been to the state park close by which was great but I don’t think there is hook ups at the sites

Feel free to PM m since I’m local 

• Options
    Sorry, what does PM mean?
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Private Message-tap the user name, a small message field appears to the right while a large narrative box also appears. Tap the small message and you create a private message, just start typing in the large box and your message goes to their public "wall" and maybe migrates to the Activity page for the forum-up above in the banner,
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 913
    Welcome @peterac50!  You have already towed in S*N*O*W!  We have had ours about a year and a half and haven't done that yet!  It is tucked warmly in the garage until the white stuff is gone!  Ditto all the above... take it slow, try things and see how they work, don't be afraid of "breaking" it... you are going to have a blast!
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    Thank You - the roads were actually dry. I picked it up the day before we got 10 inches. Thanks for responding with your encouragement. This site is filled with great welcoming people.
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    I’m local and will ponder. Prince William state park is close(ish); about as close as you will get. In any case, this case inclusive...traffic is horrendous in the afternoon(starting at 3) heading out of DC to all points. FYI.  Plan your days accordingly.
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    thanks - after researching I am using a private rv park in College Park - Cherry Hill. It has access to the metro. Not planning to drive in DC.
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    rcuomorcuomo Member Posts: 319
    Lake Fairfax Park, Reston VA just off the Leesburg Tpke. (Rte. 7).  The DC Metro Silver line is just up Leesburg Tpke and there are great restaurants all over the area.
    ‘18 Tab 320S- mfg’d 4/17, acquired 9/17
    Spare & bike rack on tongue, Renogy 100w suitcase connection, cargo & door nets, sway bar, wired rear camera, Norcold aux fan, front window protection, frame mounted sewer & water hose storage, Krieger 1500w inverter w/100Ah LIFePO4.
    ‘17 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E- 5000# tow cap, 600# tongue cap
    ‘20 Honda Pilot Elite- 5000# tow cap, 500# tongue cap
    Huntington LI
  • Options
    Z_GZ_G Member Posts: 38
    Greenbelt has a national park... close to metro... patapsco state park is about 30m to metro ... avoid access to DC during rush hours... plan around the traffic...
  • Options
    great reminder. I will
    be coming in late on a Saturday.

States Visited Map
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,927
    @peterac50, we stayed at Cherry Hill only for a night late last summer. It is truly a metropolitan experience. Campsites are small and packed densely together. It is utilized heavily by families. There are many amenities available to children, movies, swimming pool, pizza, bowling, etc. While it suited our needs, (we have boys aged 11 &12), it is truly urban and not what most would consider camping. However, if looking for just a place to stay, it is easy to find with close by access to interstates, and is completely self-contained.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    Thanks. This is a trip to do some work in DC. Not camping so I think it will be ok.
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    LuckyjLuckyj Member Posts: 286
    We stayed at Cherry hill in the past, end of july period in the tent section.  Way before we got our camper.  And it was great for what we needed, witch was a place to clean, sleep and take a dip in the pool before going in and out of the city.  In this case, hard to beat the fact that city bus take you up at the front desk.

just wonder if they would allow small trailer in the tent site area.
    2017 T@G Max Outback "Le Refuge"
    TV 2005 jeep TJ unlimited
    and/or 2005 Nissan X-Trail 4wd
    Alaskan Malamuthe on board!

Les Escoumins and Petite-Riviere-St-Francois QC
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    I live up the road from Cherry Hill. They are really nice people. There's also an RV parts shop close by in case of issues (non-Alde). If you want a park in the woods, you can go to Greenbelt National Park. You can drive to either College Park Metro or Greenbelt Metro to get to the city sights. Unfortunately, they don't take reservations. It's first come, first serve. Another caveat (this is hard to word politely)... well, it's heavily infested with ticks. The sites aren't too level either. I live about 3 miles from it and drove around to check it out. It was really shaded (a plus!) and there wasn't many people there. The Park Police station is at the entrance as well.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    dmerzbacdmerzbac Member Posts: 289
    @peterac50 Which private RV park will you be using in College Park-Cherry Hill? I'm planning on a trip that way sometime this year.

2017 T@b 320 - 'Smokey'  2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport - 'B@ndit'
    Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al

• Options
    As you can see from the thread, there are a lot of ideas. I am using cherry hill. I will let you know what I think of it after we visit in March.
    States Visited Map