Options

Radial Tires

deputydogdeputydog Member Posts: 103
     According to codes listed on T@B tires they are of the cheaper or cheapest tire that can be purchased.   Has any one purchased a radial tire .  Concerned these may not be the best to be travel with.

TV is a 2007 Jeep Liberty. Own 2015 T@B Maxx s/wet-bath white green. St. Clair Shores, MI.

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    My 2015 came with steel belted radials.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Little Guy changed to radial tires in 2013. I've had two sets of them, but not due to being a bad tire. The second set was damaged by an accident.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    My information was received by my neighbor whom stated he ran the codes.  I feel like and idiot posted an negative statement about t@b.  They have treated me BETTER than any customer I think.   Next time I will speak to T@B form FIRST.  Thank You both.

TV is a 2007 Jeep Liberty. Own 2015 T@B Maxx s/wet-bath white green. St. Clair Shores, MI.

• Options
         Called T@B factory, still thinking about tires?    Techs stated Radial tires were started on the T@b models beginning in Sept 2015.   However they have had No reports of problems with past tires. Even though my T@B was purchased in AUG., this has eased my mind.

• Options
    mawebbmawebb Member Posts: 257
    deputydog I assume that was meant to be September 2014.

I will have to check mine as that was around the time my T@B was built. 

I was was also wondering if anyone had decided to not carry a spare but rather a can of puncture seal and 12 volt tire inflator. 
    Martin - Trailer name: James T@Berius Kirk 
  • Options
    mawebb  Yes, my T@B was made in month of Aug 2014

• Options
    mawebb  Again wrote wrong year. DAH   Radials on built T@Bs starting in Sept. 2015.

• Options
    Deltaboy59Deltaboy59 Member Posts: 315
    Mawebb...while I still carry a spare tire for the t@b, I also carry a tire puncture kit and a can of fix a flat and an inflator. So many tires today can be easily repaired on the roadside with these kits. Rather repair a tire and keep the spare good for emergencies. If both tires go flat and one can be repaired then I can replace both... Saw a RV on I 70 this summer with this type of tire accident due to debris on road. Tires...Batteries... Gasoline...still the top 3 road hazards...right ?