Options

Full-time

Considering purchasing a new 2015 tab outback to pull behind my jeep. I want to full-time. Anyone out there full timing?  Any help would be great. Thanks 

Comments

• Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    Although I haven't gotten my T@B yet (ordering one in a few months), I plan on going full time when I retire next March (at least for a year to see how I do).
    Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    skwheeskwhee Member Posts: 246
    We spent seven months in our T@B in 2014 and now have the bug to go full-time. Thinking of such things we had our T@B-Clamshell factory customized to accommodate the Norcold-30 (like the T@G) in the outdoor kitchen and more clothes storage in the cabin. We have an outdoor shower that we use on rare occasions but have found the clothes storage much more valuable than the indoor shower would be.
    Steve and Karen Cullowhee, North Carolina 2008 Ford F150 --2018 T@B 400
  • Options
    johnsosnajohnsosna Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the comments. I should have mentioned, I plan on doing a lot of boondocking
  • Options
    Deltaboy59Deltaboy59 Member Posts: 315
    Well I have a 2014 S and I have been living in it full time since October. It resides in my barn and except for one 3500 mile trip to Colorado and a couple runs to the Gulf Coast has been there waiting for warmer weather. I choose to live in it to get a feel for  living with just the essentials I need on the road. I have learned so much about troubleshooting and living in an RV,  and feel that I know my t@b pretty well.  I plan to be out West from March until November...not interested in encountering icy conditions. Mixed boondocking and RV park camping. This forum is a wonderful source of info. 
    I still do my laundry in my primary residence, but have been using the Norcold and my YETI in my TV for food items. Hooked to shore power but use propane occasionally for added hot water. I use the shower and plumbing daily. Do not watch TV, but I have Wifi and LTE cell service in the RV. 
    So far it has been an enjoyable experience for me. I am fortunate to be relatively young 55 and retired,so my plan is to see as much of the USA as possible,at my leisure, in my t@b. And yes, I do have a house also... But since the t@b, it has been empty
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Yep, full-time in my 2015-S since Oct. pulling it with a 4-door Jeep.
    You really have to be in it for awhile like Deltaboy before you can get organized and your routines down. A lot of what I thought it would be like and how I organized things went by the wayside once I'd been on the road for a couple of months.
    A lot depends on how you're camping and where. I mainly boondock but how much food/water I carry depends on how close I am to things. Right now I'm in. BLM canyon, looks totally remote but there's a Walmart and grocery stores 8 miles away. There's been other times when the closest gas/grocery supplies have been 50 miles.
    It's hard to generalize since everyone has different camping needs but the single best thing I bought was the Zamp Solar system - plug-n-play.
  • Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    PXLated -- so good to know you're doing it and boondocking is working out. I plan on getting the Zamp as I want to mix up boondocking and some parks w/hook-ups. All this info is encouraging. I know it will take a while to get in the groove (oh my, am I showing my hippie age?!) and see what works for me and what doesn't.
    Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    The forum has just a wealth of info on almost any T@B topic but don't hesitate to ask what you don't find or anything specific about full-timing it.
  • Options
    Deltaboy59Deltaboy59 Member Posts: 315
    Speaking of water... How much do you truck in when boondocking ? I have the 5 gal tank in my t@b, in addition to 2 reliance blue jugs 7 gal each for a total of 19 gallons. I take my drinking water in gallon jugs... Usually 4.  I try to keep my blue jugs empty until close to site. With this amount I can shower a couple times cleanup in the RV etc for a week. 

• Options
    11gal fresh water tank + one 2.5 gal jug in the TV + three 1.25 gal jugs I store on the ledge in the shower (see pic) = 17.25 gal + a small jug in fridge.
    I've never needed all that. Since I'm exploring, I usually pass a water source long before I run out. If I was planting myself in the boonies for a couple weeks I'd probably need it.
    I'm very miserly with water - changing to non-stick frying pans and paper plates has cut down drastically on the amount I use related to meals & cleanup.