Options

Which of these TAB 400s is not like the other . . .

CherylinDallasCherylinDallas Member Posts: 21
I am hoping that TAB 400 owners can help me with a mystery.

I am looking to buy a new TAB 400 and have seen several within traveling distance, but I can't figure out what is included with each model.  The dealer descriptions do not contained detailed information.   o 

350 miles away in Louisiana, a 2018 TAB 400 is for sale at $29K.  That looks promising.

Locally in the Ft. Worth/Dallas area, there are three 2018 TAB 400s for sale at the same dealer.  
#1 has the "Convenience Pkg" and the price is $33K.
#2 has the "Convenience Pkg" and the price is $38K.  
#3 has the "Convenience Pkg" and the "Add-On Inverter".  The price is $40K.

Why are #2 and #3 above so much higher? 

Comments

• Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    I would ask the dealers what the difference is to justify the price change.  Not aware of any optional packages.  Maybe the dealer has added something.  The only optional that I am aware of would be do you want the inverter, and do you want the roof mounted solar system.  Nu Camp does at times do custom to customer request.  The $29,000 would be worth the drive if it was the color I wanted. 
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    You may also check to see which Alde unit is installed.  Recently NU Camp has installed the Alde 3020 in the T@B's.  The 3010 is in the early 400's and the 3020 has a varible speed fan for High altitude operation. 
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • Options
    TabfortwoTabfortwo Member Posts: 157
    We paid 29k with inverter and solar 
  • Options
    WillieontheRoadWillieontheRoad Member Posts: 34
    Cheryl,
    Give Princess Craft, in Round Rock, TX a call.  Not that far from Dallas.  They sell nothing but small trailers and campers. That's where we purchased our 400, and if they have not changed their policy, all their 400's are ordered with solar panels and inverter.  We received our T@B 400 two weeks ago and have been very pleased with Princess Craft.
    Alan

2018 T@B 400  Jeep GC
    Alan & Joan Fisher
    Austin, TX
  • Options
    Salt lake city dealer has a loaded 400 on the lot.
    //www.parrisrv.com/default.asp?page=xallinventory&sq=Tab%20400#page=xallinventory&sq=Tab%20400
  • Options
    GailandJohnGailandJohn Member Posts: 123
    edited February 2018
    @CherylinDallas we're also in Dallas. Our next purchase will be from Princess Craft in Round Rock. They are very straightforward about price and have an excellent reputation.

Gail & John 

• Options
    marknjudymarknjudy Member Posts: 378
    Another vote for Princess Craft. Excellent prices. Excellent people. Excellent customer service. 
    Mark - 2016 T@b Max S (Silver/Red), 2012 F-150
  • Options
    CherylinDallasCherylinDallas Member Posts: 21
    Wow, thanks to all of you Texans who recommended Princess Craft.  I have checked out the company on the internet and will plan a trip to the dealership soonest.  I really appreciate advice about trustworthy folks in the camper business.  

atlasb, the new Alde 3020 system is certainly something I will ask about when shopping.  At least I have a few more direct questions to ask concerning the large differences in TAB 400 prices at the Dallas/Ft. Worth area dealer.

TabForTwo, you know you are making me cry with your Utah prices.  Whaaaa!  Based on information I have read in previous messages on this board, I know to expect high camper prices here in Texas.  When I write out that check, I will remind myself "but we don't have state income tax!"
  • Options
    You can plan a trip out here pick her up see the parks and head back. 
  • Options
    SeanandChrisSeanandChris Member Posts: 6
    We noticed the same thing about the prices when we went to buy our 400 in Ohio. I never asked about the price differences but I did look to see what others paid for their 400 before we made our purchase. We had a trade in which I’m sure impacted our price a bit but we still feel like we got a fair deal. Distance from the factory makes a difference for sure.

I will say that Princess Craft has the most comprehensive video review that I have seen yet of the 400mon YouTube. Just know that no matter where you buy from you are definitely getting what you pay for with the 400 as it truly is a quality unit. We absolutely love our camper and can’t wait for spring time here!
  • Options
    GailandJohnGailandJohn Member Posts: 123

TabForTwo, you know you are making me cry with your Utah prices.  Whaaaa!  Based on information I have read in previous messages on this board, I know to expect high camper prices here in Texas.  When I write out that check, I will remind myself "but we don't have state income tax!"
    @CherylinDallas, I think you'll be surprised at the Princess Craft prices. Some dealers make their online prices far greater than their bottom line.

Gail & John 

• Options
    Parris rv's they post online are typically 2000 more than they typically sell for. We bought our outback with all the options for 22500 out the door. And the are super easy to deal with its a family run store.
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    What is a convenience package? Sounds like revenue enhancement for the dealer. 
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Photomom said:
    What is a convenience package? Sounds like revenue enhancement for the dealer. 
    I had the same thought. From my experience, it means they will throw in a useless sewer hose and a cheap water regulator.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    sdenhofsdenhof Member Posts: 43
    Tabfortwo said:
    Salt lake city dealer has a loaded 400 on the lot.
    //www.parrisrv.com/default.asp?page=xallinventory&sq=Tab%20400#page=xallinventory&sq=Tab%20400
    I bought this one and just spent a week in Moab. Love it so far.
    2018 Tab 400 towed by 2013 F150
    Evanston Wyoming home
  • Options
    Funny I talked to them today and they said it's still available.