Options

Laundry detergent

Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
OK, here is a question that I have not seen on the forum.  Going to be on the road for a month.  Do most laundromats use regular detergent or are they HE machines?  Maybe I should take both?
Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio

Comments

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @SAM, My experience in the past has been regular detergent.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,655
    I've been renting apartments for the last couple of years, and learned a bit about laundromats on the way.  Most of them haven't changed much, industrial equipment all the way.

Some laundromats still use 1950 looking washers and dryers.  The washers/dryers in my apartment complex are of the sturdy industrial 80 variety, still take quarters.  Another apartment building had more modern equipment that you had to have an online account and a credit card to work, and had a completely rip off billing "scheme".

None of these machines needed HE, but I used it anyway, since it is what I buy.

Some newer laundromats have new hi-tech industrial front loader machines, and they didn't require HE, either.  Some laundromats have moved away from coin slots, making patrons use "cash cards" that you purchase at a separate ATM like machine.

I just bought a house and I cannot wait to have my own appliances again!
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I, too, haven’t found any hi-tech laundromats that require the HE detergent. I’ll continue using the same as I use at home. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    GibWGibW Member Posts: 95
    we’ve found both. so we bring HE powder which can be used in all types of machines. 
    2017 T@B Max-S, silver & silver, towed by a Titanium Silver 2018 Kia Sorento AWD V-6, Twin Cities MN
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    Thanks everyone!  Just got a new HE machine and we have some regular to use up and will bring some HE, too.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    For traveling, I still use the "Washer Sheets" I found a bunch on ebay when the stores quit carrying them.. Laundry detergent and dryer sheet all in one. Drop it in the washer, move it over to the dryer. Takes up no room, and no liquid or powder to spill.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    :whistle: "Soapy soaks 'ya clean in oceans full o' fun...scrubbilty, bubblty, flibity, flubity, clean before you're done." Good morning all you cleaning T@Bsters!  =)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf