Options

Permanent EMS in T@B 400

New T@B 400 owners here.  I bought a Progressive Industries Electrical Management Systems (internally mounted).  It looked like I had room to mount it under the bed between the outside wall and the Solar Panel Controller.  Now that I have it, I see there's really not quite enough room.  If there is enough slack in the solar panel incoming wires, I might be able to move the controller over about an inch and a half and  have room for the EMS.  So I have two questions.  1) Has anyone tried this on the T@B 400 and did you make enough room to mount it.  2) Does cutting the main power wire to install the EMS void the warranty on the trailer? 
Chris Hugo
T@B 400,  TV: 2018 Silverado
Memphis,TN

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    @chugo I *think* that your warranty would only be good to the extent yo ur warranty claim was related to your addition of the EMS. That, said, Nucamp is the last company trying to get out of fulfilling their warranty. My experience has been the opposite, where they have gone above and beyond. I would email the warranty department at Nucamp and double check, but I have the Progressive EMS and they have taken care if warranty claims, no questions asked.

I don't have a 400 l, so I can't help you with your other question, but your approach sounds logical!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    sophiesdadsophiesdad Member Posts: 9
    Hi Chris, I was wondering if you installed the Progressive unit yet?  I just got my trailer out of storage and see the same problem.  There was more room in the 320 surprisingly than the 400.  If you did the install and have any tips, it would be much appreciated.  Thanks.
    Jack, Christine and Sophiedog
    2018 T@B 400
    TV 2018 Honda Ridgeline
  • Options
    chugochugo Member Posts: 12
    I opted not too.  I was uncomfortable moving around the solar controller and possibly doing something that voids my warranty.  I sent it back and bought the Progressive EMS unit that plugs into the campground power pedestal.  
    Chris Hugo
    Memphis,TN
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    @chugo Consider chaining or cable locking it to the power pedestal when in use. They have been known to disappear.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    chugochugo Member Posts: 12
    @Dalehelman Definitely!  The Progressive model comes with a steel locking ring.  We have a heavy duty cable locks that fits in it very nicely.
    Chris Hugo
    Memphis,TN