Options

HELP! Side wall of T@B pulling away at door frame floor

dogmotherdogmother Member Posts: 14
Pretty much as described above. Just noticed "daylight" along the floor/wall join. See attached photos. Any suggestions on how to fix or where to take it to be fixed (Seattle area). This is a 2005 T@B that we have owned since 2007.
Diane & Murphy

2018 T@B 320-S towed by 1999 Chevy Suburban, Olympia WA

Comments

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,594
    Strange.  One RV Manufacturer I was strongly concerning before purchasing a T@B had a sales promotion point of:

There was a gap between the side walls and floor to allow water to drain out if there was a major spill in the cabin.

Now is that just SPIN or something to consider?

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Oh, yikes! I am sorry to see that! The Dutchman made T@bs are constructed a little differently than the NuCamp T@bs. I would check the Yahoo group as there are a lot more DM T@b owners there. You could also call NuCamp to see if they have any dealers they work with in the area. That dealer could at least call NuCamp to consult, if needed. NuCamp does repair DM T@bs, but that is not convenient for you. I would seek that up to keep the critters out, for now.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Definitely get that to a dealer or the NuCamp factory for a fix. Unfortunately, you may have a cracked frame inside your floor which allows the floor to pull away from the sidewalls. Also the door is one of the worst places for water intrusion in the Dutchman T@Bs. I hate to say it, but your T@B is a 2005, time to give it a shiny new NuCamp floor. Also, check T@B Camping Trailers on FaceBook. There are many Dutchman owners there, that have replaced floors and repaired sidewall damage themselves.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Another thing you can do to see how bad it is. Go inside the bench seats and cut out the vinyl floor.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    irvingjirvingj Member Posts: 335
    BTDT. Check floor carefully; looks like the infamous Dutchmen T@B water intrusion/soft floor issue. See thread for same on this forum. It is fixable.
  • Options
    dogmotherdogmother Member Posts: 14
    MANY thanks for your help!

2018 T@B 320-S towed by 1999 Chevy Suburban, Olympia WA